Statue Prime 1 Studio - Shazam! 1/3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phoenixblazes

Super Freak
Reaction score
"SAY MY NAME!"
MMDCSZ-01: 1:3 Scale Shazam! Statue coming soon for pre-order.
Come and take a peek at Shazam! statue at the Prime1 Gallery Store starting from April 20, 2019.

2EA3295B-ADD7-490E-9058-5D7088F85BCE.jpeg

5331A4CC-B791-437B-9739-370976A6A30A.jpeg

71ECF06A-E406-4097-BD24-830EF11912A9.jpg

As much as I want to like this, I’m not totally sold on the likeness yet.

There certainly is a resemblance, but it could be a tad better imo.

Hossein Diba probably did it. He's always on point. Could be a combo of Levi being tough to nail and paint.

Likeness is there for me. Still need to see the movie (which I heard is very good).

I heard the same. Imo it’s good. But very good might be stretching things a bit. But honestly only one thing really bothered me, and it was the CGI quality not for Shazam or how his powers were represented etc, but for the conjured creatures. Took me out of the film every time for me. Kind of reminds me of how I felt every time Cyborg was on the screen for Justice League. After watching Shazam now I know why there’s such a vast difference in production cost between it and something in the MCU etc.

I'm digging it, although the thing that might be a miss for me is the 1/3 scale, that's pretty good size for a prone posed figure. This would work better as 1/10th to 1/6th scale.

I think the bubble gum portrait is quite good. The thing that doesn’t work as well for me about the other portrait is that it’s not expressive enough for Levi’s portrayal of the character. What a fun piece though. The costume looks great. Congrats to those who are big enough fans to pick this up.

Yes, they definitely are. I thought this one was too. Like those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zoom in on the photo that I posted that’s the upper chest shot without the advertising. You’ll notice, or rather not notice any threads, or any stitches etc, and that the prints are quite thick. And that arm separation/seam line is too thick and perfect to be anything but sculpted. Whereas with the Superman you can definitely see the individual threads and stitch lines. And I don’t mean something like the first Miller Bats which while very good, was easy to determine it was sculpted after zooming in.

Zoom in on the photo that I posted that’s the upper chest shot without the advertising. You’ll notice, or rather not notice any threads, or any stitches etc, and that the prints are quite thick. And that arm separation/seam line is too thick and perfect to be anything but sculpted. Whereas with the Superman you can definitely see the individual threads and stitch lines. And I don’t mean something like the first Miller Bats which while very good, was easy to determine it was sculpted after zooming in.

It looks incredible if it’s sculpted. Prime 1 really is the best.

It looks incredible if it’s sculpted. Prime 1 really is the best.

With digital sculpting, it’s not just Prime 1 that are producing this type of quality. Iron Studios is up there, and even Sideshow is starting to bring it, it’s just unfortunate that their paint app lets Sideshow down on their movie based pieces.

Wow. Could have fooled me! I thought it looked like fabric for sure. Similar to the Justice League Superman?

Prime 1's specialty.
Their Dark Knight batsuit looks a lot like real fabric too.

But this statue is a solid pass for me.
Didn't like the movie, don't really like the statue either.

Back