Rank the SW original trilogy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

In which order do you rank the OT?

• ANH>ESB>ROTJ

Votes: 11 25.6%
  • ANH>ROTJ>ESB

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ESB>ANH>ROTJ

Votes: 24 55.8%
  • ESB>ROTJ>ANH

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • ROTJ>ANH>ESB

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • ROTJ>ESB>ANH

• I only rate ANH

• I only rate ESB

• I only rate ROTJ

• I don't rate any of them

• Total voters
I've made a choice scandalous to many, I put ROTJ ahead of ANH. I'm sorry but..The Emperor...the Endor Space battle...please understand..

I think Empire is by far the best of the 3.... However I voted for what I enjoy the most and can watch repeatedly the most times.

ANH
ESB
ROTJ

ESB -> SW -> ROTJ.

ESB is my favorite film of all time, it never gets old, never loses its impact. The same can be said for SW, just to an ever so slightly lesser degree.

ESB -> SW -> ROTJ.

ESB is my favorite film of all time, it never gets old, never loses its impact. The same can be said for SW, just to an ever so slightly lesser degree.

SW just has that Beginning / Middle / and end that helps win for me as my personal fav.. Its also just so much fun..

Empire is a perfect film though.. JAWS and Empire.. Two perfect movies for me.. Raiders and Die Hard could probably be thrown in there also :)

JAWS and Empire.. Two perfect movies for me.. Raiders and Die Hard could probably be thrown in there also :)

I like the way you think.

I went ANH - ESB - ROTJ

As good as Empire is, it never had the impact that the first film had for me... nor the world. At the end of that day, you couldn't have ESB without ANH first.

Adult me.... ESB/ANH/ROTJ
Child me watching Jedi at the cinema... ROTJ/ESB/ANH. And not because kids like Ewoks, but because of Jabba's Palace, the Death Star throne room, and 7 year olds wanted to be ROTJ Luke at the peak of his powers..

[...] I went ANH - ESB - ROTJ

As good as Empire is, it never had the impact that the first film had for me... nor the world. At the end of that day, you couldn't have ESB without ANH first.

I used to pick ANH for those reasons, but I think at this point in my fandom, I'd have to go ESB. It's pure Space Opera and just a touch more polished than ANH.

Adult me.... ESB/ANH/ROTJ
Child me watching Jedi at the cinema... ROTJ/ESB/ANH. And not because kids like Ewoks, but because of Jabba's Palace, the Death Star throne room, and 7 year olds wanted to be ROTJ Luke at the peak of his powers..

Yeah, as a kid I'd have picked ROTJ. Sail Barge fight, Speeder Bike chase, Final Duel while the space battle raged.

I've made a choice scandalous to many, I put ROTJ ahead of ANH. I'm sorry but..The Emperor...the Endor Space battle...please understand..

Samesies. ESB ROTJ ANH.

It's just cause I had ANH on tape for a year or so before I got see ESB and ROTJ, so those two just felt so "fresh" and much fancier than ANH. I saw ROTJ on opening day and was in awe at how amazing the shuttle looked as it flew to the new Death Star. That Endor space battle was just mindblowing.

So yeah, I know ANH is the "better" and "more important" movie, but I just dig ESB and ROTJ more.

Back