Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526 LastLast

Default Re: Sideshow Rancor statue

Exactly! And even in the bath he doesn't look glossy!

Super Freak
    Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by Asta View Post
    I love those pictures of Mallikili and the Rancor. Both really funny and a bit sad and cute... so dumb and so smart.

Quote Originally Posted by slikkerias View Post
    I love those pictures of Mallikili and the Rancor. Both really funny and a bit sad and cute... so dumb and so smart.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    31 (100%)
    Does it really beat the Gentle Giant piece..? I'm not sure it does.
    The New STAR WARS - The ability to tell a good story is insignificant next to the power of an agenda.

Hidden Content Originally Posted by KingB Hidden Content
    I don't care about your MBA's. If you don't work for SS then you have no idea. You should have a degree in speculation too.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by j97e1 View Post
    If I didn?t care about scale I?d choose the GG piece. Even if this one looks awesome, I love how the rancor stands in the GG statue. And Mallikili. ...but then again this rancor isn?t really in the scale I?d want anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by j97e1 View Post
    The Gentle Giant looks nice but it's only 16" tall and easily a tick or two below this one(at least the proto) in terms of paint. Plus it goes for quite a lot of money nowadays.
    I have spoken.Hidden Content

Super Freak

Feedback
    7 (100%)
    I am selling the GG one if anyone is interested. The paint on the SS looks BAD !

I asked about it on fb and they blamed the bright lights. we will see...

Quote Originally Posted by ambasah View Post
    I am selling the GG one if anyone is interested. The paint on the SS looks BAD !

I asked about it on fb and they blamed the bright lights. we will see...
    Would you like to share what exactly looks so bad to you? (No offense, I just don't think it looks BAD !)

And lighting can (and will) make a big difference. When you compare the photos to the movie version it looks different but the environment is also completely different.

Super Freak

Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by knapejor View Post
    Would you like to share what exactly looks so bad to you? (No offense, I just don't think it looks BAD !)

And lighting can (and will) make a big difference. When you compare the photos to the movie version it looks different but the environment is also completely different.
    the lack of shading is my biggest issue. second is the lack of "gloss" in the mouth area.

it looks far too monotone for my tastes...based on that (hopefully) bad pic of course.

GG did a pretty amazing job on theirs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 9d2346381946c40e79e6669303fea48f.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by ambasah View Post
    the lack of shading is my biggest issue. second is the lack of "gloss" in the mouth area.

it looks far too monotone for my tastes...based on that (hopefully) bad pic of course.

GG did a pretty amazing job on theirs.
    I believe your GG pictures are shot in a total different light environment. Shading is applied by lights right?

The pictures from SS are clearly more bright so I don't worry there.

When SS or HT brings a figure which I place in a daylight situation and I compare it with a scene in a dark shot with lighting applied (as can be said for most shots in jabba's palace), I think it is common sense to say the shading will look different.

The gloss in the mouth is ok for me, but to each his own of course

I believe this statue will be awesome, and in it's scale alone it will easily make an impression. For the detail and paint job, I don't worry too much at this moment.

One more reason not to worry yet is the latest Jabba figure from SS. In the proto / preview pictures from SS I didn't like it at all. When the in hand pictures came (including pictures with better lighting) I was convinced to buy it.

Leaves me to say that calling this paint job bad in capitals, is quite harsh to me (again, no offense everyone has an opinion and that's great for discussion)