Statue Sideshow Rancor statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darthblitzwing

Super Freak
Reaction score
pretty cool. so they kept the license

rc.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Sideshow Rancor sttaue on SSL ???

He did, didn't say what it was though. Just that it's a Rancor "project".

wouldn't be surprised to see SS release a 1:6 Rancor figure. They were able to get $800 for Jabba + throne, so a Rancor would probably run $699 or so.

wouldn't be surprised to see SS release a 1:6 Rancor figure. They were able to get $800 for Jabba + throne, so a Rancor would probably run $699 or so.

1/6 rancor would be the size of an adult gorilla :)

Unless they're starting a new monster or diorama line (which would be awesome, monsters like Tauntaun, Dewback, Acklay etc etc), I think this one will be scaled to a bust, which could look awesome.

Re: Sideshow Rancor Statue

We knew they worked on something Rancor related months ago, glad to see it finally revealed.

I want this, but depends completely on the price. I'll make the space for it for sure.

Safe to assume the license was renewed recently?

So awesome.

Wonder if this is 1/6 scale and will be under 2k usd?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rancor-beast-gentle-giant-statue-star_1_d889108c1f3f488e5ed32b0d3483d921.jpg

Well, if we use the old Gentle Giant Rancor as a frame of reference, it sure looks like Sideshow's is going to be full 1/6 scale.

Cannot believe how cool this looks. Was always jelly of the gentle giant one but this blows it out the water. Getting it no matter what

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great to have Sideshow release some new Star Wars. Been a long time.
Agree with everyone here, this is epic and would love to own. Does look like 1/6 scale.

Looks good, but a bit mind boggling. Is it a polystone statue? If it's 1/6 scale they should make it a PVC figure along the lines of Jabba, Dewback, etc. and sel for $500 or so. If it's polystone at $700+ I'll likely pass.

Looks good, but a bit mind boggling. Is it a polystone statue? If it's 1/6 scale they should make it a PVC figure along the lines of Jabba, Dewback, etc. and sel for $500 or so. If it's polystone at $700+ I'll likely pass.

I'd guess this piece will be at least the cost of the Juggernaut Maquette.

A rancor is at least 5m tall and would be almost 90cm tall in 1/6... this looks smaller doesn?t it? Looks amazing though. Any idea when we?ll have more specific info?

Or I pull that back. According to how this is shown the rancor is just about 90cm tall and 1/6 exactly. Jabba is just about 43cm with throne. Hope this is true.... it will be over 1000$ though I?m sure...
b09d8a02bd49eb3f8e15b3397e6364ca.jpg

Hmmm. If I only had the room to add a Rancor pit below my Jabba throne room. Price will probably keep me away, however.

Back