Star Ace 1/6 - Underworld - Selene (Blue Eyes Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonWes

Super Freak
Reaction score
A new version of Selene is coming! I think this looks SO much better as far as the head sculpt and hair.

https://news.toyark.com/2019/04/16/...ene-blue-eyes-version-by-star-ace-toys-342380

Underworld-2-Selene-Blue-Eyes-007.jpg
Underworld-2-Selene-Blue-Eyes-005.jpg
Underworld-2-Selene-Blue-Eyes-004.jpg

Seriously, Star Ace should have done rooted hair and the eye effect in the first place. They should at least offer the portrait separately for those who purchased the first version (like Asmus does). SA loves to double dip. The moral of this story is: don't buy the first release, wait for the redo.

Nice, been meaning to repaint and root some hair on mine but this will do. Hopefully it comes out close to this quality of paint and hair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seriously, Star Ace should have done rooted hair and the eye effect in the first place. They should at least offer the portrait separately for those who purchased the first version (like Asmus does). SA loves to double dip. The moral of this story is: don't buy the first release, wait for the redo.

IF they make a redo.
That's the thing, you don't know.... everything is easy to say in retrospect

Looks like the same head sculpt as before, only with rooted hair and blue eyes. I wonder if this one will turn out all squished and weird like the original. Or worse, like the dreadful teen Hermione -- which looked more like teen George Washington. This is definitely a "Wait and see" figure.

Yeah, unfortunately it's a wait and see for me too. I did that with the first figure and passed because of it. But I'm REALLY hopeful they do justice by Selene this time.

Unless this is a 100% redone figure, that's a no from me. Once bitten, twice shy, StarAce!

My problem with the original went way beyond the hair.
1. The likeness was a bit poor, looking more like Beckinsale now than when the movie came out.
2. The suit was matte finish, when it should be shiny.
3. The body quality isn't great, with the hard-edges of the knee joints showing through the suit (and risking damage to the suit).
4. The figure is huge to the point that it's out of scale, towering over my other 1/6 female figures, which also makes it difficult to kitbash and make a better figure.
5. It was overpriced (my least significant complaint, as I did find it for less than $200, which seemed like a rare price point).

The only reason I don't regret getting this figure is because I loved the character and franchise, and wanted the character in my collection.

IF the head sculpt looks good when it comes out, I might try to pick it up parted out, but you know everybody is going to be trying to do this, so the prices for it will be astronomical. Hopefully there will be a decent bootleg or third-party offering.

Good they're offering the portraits separately. I'll PO a couple since that's all I need. Hopefully they will turn out like the protos.

I think offering the head and coat separately for people who bought the original is a commendable effort on part of Star Ace!
Other 1/6 companies should take note.

Back