The Addams Family movie 2019

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score

uIiiDAt.jpg

I am a big Addams Family guy, so I want to see this....

But perfection was achieved in the 90’s.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

All the gags are pop culture references.

The 1991 Addams was brilliant.
Raul Julia was the perfect Gomez.

While I get the idea of it being more based off of the original comic, the show was so much more ingrained in people's minds, I think most aren't even aware of its origins.

If they didn't try to contemporize it with pop references, it would stand a better chance.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Can they not leave anything alone?

Well to be fair, TAF have been around. LOOONNG time. They started as comics in 1937.

Then TV shows , then movies....so this is just another iteration
749e6d9d203286b898d4a7fa63cced0f.jpg
83901f0ecdc798e8115ee4bed0d866b4.jpg
of a classic comic.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

If they didn't try to contemporize it with pop references, it would stand a better chance.

Have you watch any modern cartoons? Like Minions or Grinch or Legos... I mean, every other line is a pop culture reference joke. That's it.

It's like the world has become the Simpsons... but without the quality sense of humor.

I mean, here you have a family ripe for comedy from the get-go -- derisive at its core, taking the opposite view to make its humorous points quite literally; it was created to be satirical -- and the best the trailer has is referencing the menacing clown from It?

Have you watch any modern cartoons? Like Minions or Grinch or Legos... I mean, every other line is a pop culture reference joke. That's it.

It's like the world has become the Simpsons... but without the quality sense of humor.

I mean, here you have a family ripe for comedy from the get-go -- derisive at its core, taking the opposite view to make its humorous points quite literally; it was created to be satirical -- and the best the trailer has is referencing the menacing clown from It?
I once had a book of Charles Addams cartoons, quite good, but sadly the book is long lost.

His humor can stand on it's own. No updating or infusion of pop culture is necessary.

It was this one...

9c2163f6f77b49c1a9ab099ef14cbbcc.jpg

The whole point of the Addams Family was to point out the "they're different from us" mentality and turn it on its ear. To make you think about what is truly different. It was brilliantly blatant and yet subtle at the same time. I guess that's why its lasted so long. But many people seem to miss the point. Like the filmmakers -- who seem to only recognize familiar shapes that sell.

The whole point of the Addams Family was to point out the "they're different from us" mentality and turn it on its ear. To make you think about what is truly different. It was brilliantly blatant and yet subtle at the same time. I guess that's why its lasted so long. But many people seem to miss the point. Like the filmmakers -- who seem to only recognize familiar shapes that sell.
It's endured because it hasn't been allowed to be polluted, perhaps until now.

Back