Statue Regal Robot Tauntaun maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darthblitzwing

Super Freak
Reaction score
Up at SSC. Pretty cool. 250 ES $700.00

Attachments

• tauntaun-maquette_star-wars_gallery_5cae4a82378a9.jpg
    tauntaun-maquette_star-wars_gallery_5cae4a82378a9.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 309
Stinks SSC didn't make a PF. I remember when the Speeder Bike PF came out I though SSC would make one. Now it would be too much

But extreme priceless for this dimensions, thats smaller than 1/6 scale only, 14" tall and unpainted for 700$, holy crap :slap

I hope for an painted edition too!

There will not be. RR is staying with a statue of Phil's sculpt only.

Really want this. It's incredible in person. That price tag is REALLY high. I know I will love this. Just trying to justify the price.

There will not be. RR is staying with a statue of Phil's sculpt only.

Really want this. It's incredible in person. That price tag is REALLY high. I know I will love this. Just trying to justify the price.

Ok i understand u that u love screen used replica, the sculpt and the idea of the tauntaun was legendary all the way but for collecting i prefer no maquettes/replicas from for over 40 years.

After a bit of thinking, the fact it's not painted for the money has put me off pulling the trigger.

I was hoping they were going to give us a "fur" version. Saw one guy who did one and it was fantastic.

I will stick with my 2 from SS. better bang for your buck.

After a bit of thinking, the fact it's not painted for the money has put me off pulling the trigger.

I'm with you. It seems very underwhelming for the price. I can think of a lot of other collectibles that would give me more enjoyment for $700. I think I'll just get Phil's autograph to pair with my Sideshow Tauntaun and call it a day...

So, I decided to treat myself to a Christmas present and here is my opinion....

1. No real box. Statue, base and tail piece wrapped lightly in bubble wrap and in a big box with paper. Not Good. If I'm paying $700 I want a box with styrofoam.

2. I'm not sure how heavy I was expecting it to be but in keeping with the recent trends its pretty light.

3. Its actually bigger than I expected. Takes up some decent space.

4. I thought about it for a bit about the detail. Its ok but I've had the Spawn unpainted resin statues and they are 20x more detailed and sharper than this. I am going to assume that since they copied this off the real sculpt that it does actually copy that since I doubt that was super detailed. So its kind of a push.

I had some PayPal money so I guess technically I got this for $450 which is a lot closer to what this should cost in the first place and if I keep convincing myself thats all I paid for it I am ok with it... but.....

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

So, I decided to treat myself to a Christmas present and here is my opinion....

1. No real box. Statue, base and tail piece wrapped lightly in bubble wrap and in a big box with paper. Not Good. If I'm paying $700 I want a box with styrofoam.

2. I'm not sure how heavy I was expecting it to be but in keeping with the recent trends its pretty light.

3. Its actually bigger than I expected. Takes up some decent space.

4. I thought about it for a bit about the detail. Its ok but I've had the Spawn unpainted resin statues and they are 20x more detailed and sharper than this. I am going to assume that since they copied this off the real sculpt that it does actually copy that since I doubt that was super detailed. So its kind of a push.

I had some PayPal money so I guess technically I got this for $450 which is a lot closer to what this should cost in the first place and if I keep convincing myself thats all I paid for it I am ok with it... but.....

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I really like the look and that it's a concept. Had it been in the 400-450 range I would have bought this. Hope you are enjoying it. I like my statues to have a little weight to them myself.

Yep, if it had been in that price range it probably would have sold out by now. I’m not even sure why its so expensive unless they had to pay for the mold or the rights or something like that. I believe they had to redo the horns and tail but that shouldn’t have jacked the cost up that much. Oh well, they got me so I guess I can't complain. :)

Back