1/6 Big Chief Studios - Flash Gordon (1980)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Asta

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
BIG Chief Studios

46 mins ·

Earthlings who will you collect next?

BIG Chief Studios Ltd. is proud to announce a licensing deal with Hearst Holdings, Inc., King Features Syndicate Division, via Allsorts Licensing to produce a range of high-end collectables based on the cult classic 1980 movie Flash Gordon.

Initial product offerings will include highly detailed Sixth Scale Character Replica Figures of the key characters. Fans will be able to pre-order the first two figures: Flash Gordon - Saviour of the Universe and Ming the Merciless - Emperor of Mongo, from May. The line will be further expanded with figures of fan favourites Prince Vultan and Prince Barin, plus other characters to be announced.

In addition to the replica figures BIG Chief will also release a range of Character Mini Busts, which will offer striking portraits of key characters and the fantastical environments of Mongo.

BIG Chief managing director Mark Andrews said, “We are thrilled to have agreed rights with King Features for such a beloved cult classic. The adventures of Flash Gordon were the inspiration and template for so many sci-fi TV shows and movies. We are thrilled to be working alongside King Features on Flash Gordon in time for it’s 40th Anniversary in 2020.”

Flash Gordon is a 1980 science fiction film based on the King Features comic strip of the same name created by Alex Raymond. Directed by Mike Hodges and produced by Dino De Laurentiis, the film starred Sam J. Jones, Melody Anderson, Topol, Max von Sydow, Timothy Dalton, Brian Blessed and Ornella Muti.

With a camp style similar to the 1960s TV series Batman, in an attempt to appeal to fans of the original comics and serial films. The film is notable for its soundtrack composed, performed and produced by the rock band Queen. The film has since gained a significant cult following.
57253402_10157747693886002_1736237063369392128_n.jpg

f1.jpg

I'm glad someone finally picked up the license. They both look good, but i worry BCS has too many properties going on at once, and spreading their resources too thin.

As good as the prototypes look, BCS will screw up the final product with 2005 Sideshow paint apps like they’ve done on every figure... And they’ll be WAY over-priced.

They look pretty good, but nothing I'm interested in personally.

That said, it would still be fun to see a Brian Blessed Vultan and Timothy Dalton Barin to go along with these, if they prove popular enough.

Woooowwww! This movie really made my 1980 Christmas season very special and I've wished for 1/6 figures since then! I'm guessing they already have a likeness license for Timothy Dalton for the Bond line, so Barin as a third figure in a set shouldn't be that hard. I wish they'd also make the rocket cycle!

May have to pick these up. Ming looks amazing. Flash looks okay, but with a body upgrade and some tweaks should look very nice as well.

Always been a movie that I’ve enjoyed rewatching.
I was crying with laughter during the Flash scenes in Ted.
And 40ish years ago I had the cinema posters for Flash and Buck Rogers on my bedroom wall...
D5B6BA0F-3390-4D04-8B91-B9B5B5EF16CB.jpg
Somethings... don’t change!!
Yes, I’m definitely in for these.

Easily in my top 5 most wanted 1/6 wish list licenses! Even if there is a semi steep drop from proto to production I am going to be very happy!

Damn these look good!
I'll get that Ming and use him as The Mandarin.
Big Chief, make Klytus so I can finally have a Doctor Doom! :lol

I could go for a Flash Gordon shelf. Man, will it be colorful.

As usual for me, I think I'd stick to the villains mostly, but I would be highly tempted by Vultan and maybe even Barin and Dale in that crazy orange concubine outfit.

I could go for a Flash Gordon shelf. Man, will it be colorful.

As usual for me, I think I'd stick to the villains mostly, but I would be highly tempted by Vultan and maybe even Barin and Dale in that crazy orange concubine outfit.

You don't even need a shelf as Ming would be a great stand alone figure. A General Klytus would look cool too with that gold and black Dr Doom get up.

Back