Big Bad Toy Store BBTS charging tax now in CA, CO and MN

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tesla619

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I always order any and all pre orders from BBTS for HT Iron Man, Avengers, Black Panther and many other Cinematic Universe characters plus Star Wars, they use to charge no Tax and $4 shipping, being in California and SideShow is a few miles away i did not order from SideShow due to Tax and high shipping. So i found BBTS and alteregocomics.com. I have been ordering from them for years.

I received an email from BBTS, now from BBTS we get charged tax starting April on any products including the pre ordered ones from months back.

I really like BBTS from their selection to customer service but with the new charge in Tax and no points the $4 shipping they still offer to some can't justify the tax as their are other options out there.

alteregocomics.com has my business since on single items they charge 0 tax and 0 shipping plus rewards that can go towards future orders to lower the price.

*I do not work for alterego comics, i do not know anyone from alterego comics, i don't live in the same state as alterego comics, just a customer.

Yeah I got the email last week and shipped my Pile of Loot from them. I'll stick with them for some preorders I've got, but will probably switch a lot to Timewalker or another retailer that doesn't yet charge sales tax in CA.

BBTS started charging tax to my orders back in January (I'm in Connecticut). Sometimes, I used to dodge the sales tax charged by Amazon by buying the same item from a third party Prime seller for a few pennies more, but now all orders are being taxed.
The other thing I noticed, ebay charged a sales tax to one of my buyers last week. I wonder if that's going to hurt sales? Right now there are about ten states requiring ebay to collect tax.

BBTS started charging tax to my orders back in January (I'm in Connecticut). Sometimes, I used to dodge the sales tax charged by Amazon by buying the same item from a third party Prime seller for a few pennies more, but now all orders are being taxed.
The other thing I noticed, ebay charged a sales tax to one of my buyers last week. I wonder if that's going to hurt sales? Right now there are about ten states requiring ebay to collect tax.

I've been wondering if eBay will charge sales tax on sellers from China. If they don't it'll be a big difference. The law was for interstate commerce, I don't see it applying to Chinese sellers.

The state wants to milk every last drop of blood from us just like the IRS. They should go after the top 1% not the common folks. :(

The state wants to milk every last drop of blood from us just like the IRS. They should go after the top 1% not the common folks. :(

They have lawyers for that.

We do not.

An yes, this is going to be just another boom for China and another reason the little business owner gets squeezed out of America.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

I started ordering allot more from Alterego, free shipping, no tax and points you can use towards products. BBTS would have recived all 8 pre orders of HT figures if it was not for the teaxes.

Back