ACI Limited Edition Ringwraith (Variant)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bilbo Skywalker

Super Freak
Reaction score
05c15a84007619c55dd83a916189e1da.jpg

I was on BBTS and noticed this was up for Pre-Order and a super limited run (only 100 pieces!)

Any thoughts? The price seems pretty expensive and I thought Asmus said they were the only 1/6 company with a LoTR license?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huh. Is ACI back in the LOTR game? This figure came out several years ago along with their Aragorn. Are they making another run of them? Or did BBTS find a cache of the originals somewhere?

I picked up an ACI wraith a few years back at a significant discount. It's a nice figure, just not $300 nice. Don't remember if I got the standard or the variant. Can't quite remember what the difference was. I think the armor was slightly different?

I had the improved armor version when it came out. Sold it along with Aragorn. Not interested in picking up anything from them.

That looks like the variant they released already, you can tell by the gauntlets and shoes.

Is this a release of old stock that resurfaced? It seems like this guy was never too hard to find for being limited to 100 pieces.. I wonder how accurate that number is?

^^^
This.
There had to be waaaaay more than 100 of these released.
If it were $100 cheaper, I'd probably buy one. I already own one of these ACI "variants" along with two of the standard, plus five Asmus Nazgul + Steed sets, so I feel compelled to add a ninth wraith. But since Asmus has confirmed they're doing a 2.0 Nazgul & Steed, I'll just wait for theirs.

^^^
This.
If it were $100 cheaper, I'd probably buy one. I already own one of these ACI "variants" along with two of the standard, plus five Asmus Nazgul + Steed sets, so I feel compelled to add a ninth wraith. But since Asmus has confirmed they're doing a 2.0 Nazgul & Steed, I'll just wait for theirs.

Which would you say is the overall better figure in your opinion? Not counting the steed as a variable. I know ACI uses diecast opposed to Asmus plastic etc.

Which would you say is the overall better figure in your opinion? Not counting the steed as a variable. I know ACI uses diecast opposed to Asmus plastic etc.

Both have their pluses and minuses.
The ACI is a more substantial figure overall, the costume has its drawbacks (the manufactured ragged edges look pretty bad), and surprisingly the diecast armor is a bit of a detriment as it weighs the limbs down and restricts posing. But overall it has more menacing shelf presence.
The Asmus suffers from a floppy body (and while they offered replacement bodies I never received mine), the hood looks bad and has a noticeable seam, and it looks pretty "slight" next to the ACI.
So, overall, I prefer the ACI wraith to the Asmus wraith.
But I'm betting the Asmus 2.0 beats them both.

Interesting. Thank you! I would prefer to keep supporting Asmus over getting a one off ACI so think I’m just gonna hold out. Wish Asmus gave us more of a road map though.

Wonder how these licensing works? Both of mine had their "heads snapped off when they arrived. I had to glue them back on so I can't move their heads around. The die-cast armor is awesome but I am scared of articulating them too much based on feedback on forums of limbs snapping under the weight of the armor.

^^^
This.

Damn, that's quite an impressive set of figures man, I bet they look great all out together! But yeah, I bought the two ACI Wraiths and a Asmus Steed back when they were first released and thought I was getting an amazing deal on this "limited to 100" figure lol

Wonder how these licensing works? Both of mine had their "heads snapped off when they arrived. I had to glue them back on so I can't move their heads around. The die-cast armor is awesome but I am scared of articulating them too much based on feedback on forums of limbs snapping under the weight of the armor.

Same here, man. I got mine today and his head fell off straight out of the box. Also, the sword and morgul blade were not straight, so I had to bend them back. Not a big deal since I kitbash and customize a ton - but not terribly impressed, either, in terms of their quality of assembly. I do dig all of the diecast stuff, though. It's another project for a rainy day.

As far as I know, we are the ONLY 1/6 Lord of the Ring action figure license holder,
ACI's license expired like 5 years ago.
This is properly a clean out the stock deal

You’d think if they were trying to clean house, they’d offer these at a discount... nearly $300 for a background character without a face is more than a little ridiculous.

You’d think if they were trying to clean house, they’d offer these at a discount... nearly $300 for a background character without a face is more than a little ridiculous.

The only thing more is that I was sap enough to buy it when my spidey-sense was a-tingle. But, I am a sap for die-cast, so I dropped the dime. At least I can bash it into something better. But it's my frequent refrain lately: for that kind of money, you shouldn't have to.

Back