Statue Darkside Collectibles: Terminator 2 - T-800 on Motorcycle 1:4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shoo

Super Freak
Reaction score
DARKSIDE COLLECTIBLES STUDIO OBTAINED MANUFACTURER'S LICENSE FOR TERMINATOR 2 JUDGEMENT DAY!

Darkside Collectibles Studio TM is proud to announce its official cooperation with Studio Canal for the creation of Terminator 2 Judgement DayTM high end collectible statues and prop replicas.

For the first time in statue collectibles history Darkside Collectibles Studio TM has received special permit by Mr. Arnold Schwarzenegger not only to create his likeness but also to create a series of Signature Edition Statues signed by the actor himself. A true collectible artifact for the movie collectors.

The contract agreement includes the following scales and intelectual properties:

Scales :

1/4 Scale Statues

1/3 Scale Statues

Studio Scale Replicas

Intellectual Properties: Terminator 2 Judgement Day TM

Region: Worldwide

The Licensed Property consists of the entertainment property(ies) created and/ or licensed by Studio Canal and its affiliates, including the characters appearing in such properties, and the names, likenesses, images, pictorial representations, storylines, scenes, themes, plots, and associated copyrights, title names, character names, trade names, trademarks, service marks and any other rights owned and/or controlled by Studio Canal and its affiliates.

On Facebook:

El que debe de estar en una nube said:
measures, please

DarkSide Collectibles Studio said:
approximately 60x40x50

Fully sculpted, all polystone.
Very excited.
Screenshot_20190327-224446_Facebook.jpgScreenshot_20190327-224437_Facebook.jpgScreenshot_20190327-224410_Facebook.jpg

Not knowing what their quality will be like there's no way I'd drop whatever ridiculous price they're asking for that.

They have my curiosity. Has the bike ever been done in official association with the T2 license?

I don't think so. I wonder if it will actually have the Harley Davidson logo on it.

I don't think so. I wonder if it will actually have the Harley Davidson logo on it.

According to Randy at NECA it's not just about the logo with the Fatboy. Otherwise I think NECA would make one with a made-up logo like they're doing with John Connor's dirtbike.

So these guys seem to have licensed everything.

What interests me most is the sculpted clothing. I am a big fan of no cloth on a statue.....When done right. With digital sculpting and high resolution printers clothing can be done very well.
When a statue is all cloth, it becomes a non poseable hot toys. The new Dam toys Terminator is a good example. It looks great, but you may as well buy an enterbay and glue the joints together.

OK well, I just need this no matter what!!!!
Hope popcultcha bring it in over here....

So who is this company, are they UK based. When I do a search for Darkside it looks like a retailer and distributor of collectables?

What interests me most is the sculpted clothing. I am a big fan of no cloth on a statue.....When done right. With digital sculpting and high resolution printers clothing can be done very well.
When a statue is all cloth, it becomes a non poseable hot toys. The new Dam toys Terminator is a good example. It looks great, but you may as well buy an enterbay and glue the joints together.

I disagree. The T1 premium format is a great example. No Hot Toys figure will look like that because the statue was sculpted in that pose so it looks natural. If you try put a figure in a dynamic pose it always looks like a posed action figure or doll.

I'm not fussed whether this is mixed media or sculpted, as long as the final product looks excellent.

and you're not bothered by him having T1 mighty body proportions? :dunno

In all likelihood I wouldn't be buying anyway because it's to be a statue - I was merely surprised that someone is making the Fatboy in an official capacity with the T2 license. I think it's a first - hopefully not a 'last'.

The body does look too big for that head though. I was thinking it last night but didn't comment. You may not believe me when I say that after the fact :lol

Darkside is actually a UK/Cyprus/Greece retailer of collectibles that recently acquired the Terminator license to produce statues. As a retailer, they are top notch. We'll see how they fare with producing pieces...

Yeah that looks off. The face is too thin. Arnold was definitely slimmer in T2 but not that much.

Any chance Darkside Collectables will make 2 1/4 battle damaged T2 T-800's?[one where he's holding the pistol and grenade launcher, and the other where the endo skull is exposed on the right side of his face, and his left arm is missing].Cheers!

Back