What kind of velcro (thin/tiny) velcro does Hot Toys use for clothing?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dukefett

Super Freak
Reaction score
Looking to do some modifications and want to find the same or similar super thin velcro Hot Toys uses for their figures. Anyone have any links or suggestions? Thanks!

Its tiny thin velcro....
LOL

Seriously thou, check crafts stores, they make an iron on type of velcro.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

I’m interested in this as well. The “hook & loop” used on most 1/6 scale figures is really thin and strong.

I’ve spent a lot of time trying to find something like it but there’s SO MANY TYPES. I’ve bought some but it’s always a little too thick, or not very strong.

Anyone that can point me in the right direction would be a lifesaver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m interested in this as well. The “hook & loop” used on most 1/6 scale figures is really thin and strong.

I’ve spent a lot of time trying to find something like it but there’s SO MANY TYPES. I’ve bought some but it’s always a little too thick, or not very strong.

Anyone that can point me in the right direction would be a lifesaver.

Yeah I'm in the same boat when I made this post. There's a million options but if someone's got a link to something great is what I'm looking for. I guess I can actually go out into the real world and go to a craft store.

edit. I lied, I sat on my ass and ordered these https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D7S8GR9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'll cut them up to size, they look small/flat enough.

Yeah I'm in the same boat when I made this post. There's a million options but if someone's got a link to something great is what I'm looking for. I guess I can actually go out into the real world and go to a craft store.

edit. I lied, I sat on my ass and ordered these https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D7S8GR9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'll cut them up to size, they look small/flat enough.

Those look really great, but they have one of the problems that plague me. They have the hook on one side and the loop on the back of the same piece. I want is two rolls, one roll is the hook and the other roll is the loop, not both on the same roll. I need to be able to glue or sew one half to one object, and the mate to another object, so that both can be connected together.

I hope that makes sense, it’s not easy to describe in text.

Most of that stuff is made in China, for manufacturing. It's unlikely you'll find it a local craft store.

Look on eBay or AliBaba/AliExpress.

Also, note that Velcro is the trademark term, so you might have to look under 'fastener tape' or 'hook and loop'.

Your best bet is to take a picture of the figure that has the Velcro you're looking to acquire and send a pic to the seller to see if they have something similar, tell them how thin you want it, 2mm, 3mm, etc.

Most of that stuff is made in China, for manufacturing. It's unlikely you'll find it a local craft store.

Look on eBay or AliBaba/AliExpress.

Also, note that Velcro is the trademark term, so you might have to look under 'fastener tape' or 'hook and loop'.

Your best bet is to take a picture of the figure that has the Velcro you're looking to acquire and send a pic to the seller to see if they have something similar, tell them how thin you want it, 2mm, 3mm, etc.

Thanks for the tip!

Back