Please delete

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Replacing chipped teeth on statue

Epoxy it, sand it, and get it painted to match the original colors. That's what I'd do.

Get some apoxy sculpt. It's self curing. You can try to recap the teeth - this is fiddly and difficult. It may be easier to remove the teeth completely and resculpt matching ones as best as possible. Then paint them with some tamiya acrylics.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Get some apoxy sculpt. It's self curing. You can try to recap the teeth - this is fiddly and difficult. It may be easier to remove the teeth completely and resculpt matching ones as best as possible. Then paint them with some tamiya acrylics.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Thanks for the advice, I'm just not sure how to get the sculpt. Also what is the best way to match the paint?

Thanks for the advice, I'm just not sure how to get the sculpt. Also what is the best way to match the paint?

What is aves?

For paints you'll need preferably all in "FLAT" (gloss level) white, yellow brown and black - paint your teeth the base color and add the dark brown shading to the base of the teeth at the gums.
Aves makes Apoxy sculpt. You can get it from art shops and ebay.
Have a crack at it, but if you have no idea what you're doing it might be best to seek one of the repair guys depending what country you're in.

For paints you'll need preferably all in "FLAT" (gloss level) white, yellow brown and black - paint your teeth the base color and add the dark brown shading to the base of the teeth at the gums.
Aves makes Apoxy sculpt. You can get it from art shops and ebay.
Have a crack at it, but if you have no idea what you're doing it might be best to seek one of the repair guys depending what country you're in.
As for brand is there any suggestions?

Back