Once Upon a Time in Hollywood : Quentin Tarantino's upcoming movie, July

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it's set in 1969 with the Manson Family /Tate murders as the backdrop. Plus Bruce Lee!

What's the over and under for the amount of N word usage in this?

it's set in 1969 with the Manson Family /Tate murders as the backdrop. Plus Bruce Lee!

Yeah 50 years ago this August Manson and his minions brought the swinging sixties and summer of love to a shattering stop.

I'm not a big Brad or Leo fan but I do like most things Tarantino does, so I might check it out.

This is going to be darker than the trailer leads you to believe ! Robbie is playing Sharon Tate, BTW.

I think Tarantino has one of the strongest filmographies in modern cinema and has demonstrated that he just does not make bad movies. Truth be told I have watched this trailer probably more times that I should have...I have been following the movie since it entered development and the trailer did not disappoint. This ties with Star Wars IX as my most anticipated movie this year.

I’ve always been interested in the Manson/Tate murders and have done a lot of reading about them, so this looks interesting.

This is going to be darker than the trailer leads you to believe ! Robbie is playing Sharon Tate, BTW.

Does it depict the murders? Ive seen the film Helter Skelter (1976) but that was pretty much just a courtroom drama.
BTW The Sharon Tate house was torn down in the mid 90's so they couldn't of filmed at the same house.

Does it depict the murders? Ive seen the film Helter Skelter (1976) but that was pretty much just a courtroom drama.
BTW The Sharon Tate house was torn down in the mid 90's so they couldn't of filmed at the same house.

That’s what I’m wondering as well. If it actually depicts them, or the story is simply based in Hollywood at the time they happened and they’re just mentioned.

And yeah, Trent Reznor of Nine Inch Nails was the last one to live in the actual house. He took the front door where PIG was written in blood with him when he moved out and the house was subsequently razed. Last I heard, the property is owned by the guy that produced Full House. Entirely new posh estate was built, along with an address change as well.

That’s what I’m wondering as well. If it actually depicts them, or the story is simply based in Hollywood at the time they happened and they’re just mentioned.

And yeah, Trent Reznor of Nine Inch Nails was the last one to live in the actual house. He took the front door where PIG was written in blood with him when he moved out and the house was subsequently razed. Last I heard, the property is owned by the guy that produced Full House. Entirely new posh estate was built, along with an address change as well.

Its kind of a shame the original house got torn down, I suppose they were sick of all the sightseers.
I heard they were going to release this film on the same day the murders happened 50 yrs ago but they changed their mind, out of respect to the families who lost loved ones.
Not sure they should be glamourizing the Manson murders if thats what they are doing.

I wouldn’t be surprised if QT puts his own bizarre, macabre spin on the Manson murders in this. Similar to how Hitler got blown away during the chaos in that theater in Inglorious Basterds. Perhaps DiCaprio’s and Pitt’s characters happen to be in the area and end up barging in and blowing away Tex Watson and the rest of the perpetrators or something.

Yeah he's certainly ballsy enough to tackle difficult subject matter so I'm looking forward to this one

Back