Action Figure Kai Studio The Explorer Sculpt and Outfit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luisenigma1

Super Freak
Reaction score
Thought I make this thread for discussion on Kai Studio new sculpt and outfit. We know this is based on Nathan Drake. What are your thoughts. 44043262_2804083816323725_5126513131039752192_n.jpg53825982_3044757008923070_594291506601263104_o.jpg53576373_3044757048923066_6290539041662173184_o.jpg

Came here from the CCToys Nate thread, I gotta say I'm impressed! The sculpt is really good, far better than CCToys (sorry) and the previous Kai sculpt, still not 100% there imo, maybe it's the open mouth, but it's one of the best nathan sculpts I've seen, the only problem I have is the shirt, it should be a darker shade of blue.

Sculpt work is being overseen by Eleven from what I can gather, so it'll be a quality release all around.
Is it from what kai said he is doing it himself as this is his work. Maybe eleven is helping him with it which is great paint job is amazing.

Is it from what kai said he is doing it himself as this is his work. Maybe eleven is helping him with it which is great paint job is amazing.

Damn he has really improved over time, great to see an artist constantly challenging himself and improving his craft!

EDIT: Here's his previous nathan sculpt from last year so people get what I'm saying

43950460_1024746817704400_4359895179902058496_n.jpg

Damn he has really improved over time, great to see an artist constantly challenging himself and improving his craft!
yeah not much people approved of his first sculpt as it looked nothing like drake. So he went back to the drawing board and i actually told him to use his previous work he did on the collectors statue of U4 Nate as reference.

I dunno to what extent he's helping, but Eleven is promoting it on his Insta so without a doubt he's got a hand in it somehow. Which is good by all accounts for everyone. It's a massive improvement over Kai's first offering.

I dunno to what extent he's helping, but Eleven is promoting it on his Insta so without a doubt he's got a hand in it somehow. Which is good by all accounts for everyone. It's a massive improvement over Kai's first offering.
Ah then he might be just sharing since they are friends and have been working together, he is capable of making his own sculpt and improving it. But he is working with eleven on his Musashi Miyamoto full figure.

Also outfit is available at one sixth kit already got mine coming this week.

Do they specify which body you should use? I'm thinking of getting the CCToys Nate figure and the oufit and sculpt of this version so I can use the cctoys shirt, boots, body and accessories with the pants, holsters and sculpt of the kai version.

Do they specify which body you should use? I'm thinking of getting the CCToys Nate figure and the oufit and sculpt of this version so I can use the cctoys shirt, boots, body and accessories with the pants, holsters and sculpt of the kai version.
Your my new best friend. Lol i had the same idea, yeah you can use a knock off ttm19 which is what CC toys nate will have. I actually have a hot toys ttm19 modded and have some tony stark arms getting painted that i will switch to the body. Probably will keep it as is though instead of switching out.

Also another thing i want to add later to my nate figure is HT John Wick hands due to the fact the left hands has a sculpted ring and nate in U4 wears his wedding ring. The plain hand with the single ring on the CC toys is alright but could have been better.

Your my new best friend. Lol i had the same idea, yeah you can use a knock off ttm19 which is what CC toys nate will have. I actually have a hot toys ttm19 modded and have some tony stark arms getting painted that i will switch to the body. Probably will keep it as is though instead of switching out.

You know that they say, great minds think alike! :lol Glad to hear it, I was gonna get the CCToys Nate anyway so I might as well improve upon it since the body is pretty good, now all I need is a custom base with some jungle plants and ruins and I'm all set! Why did you decide to not to the switch with the tony stark?

You know that they say, great minds think alike! :lol Glad to hear it, I was gonna get the CCToys Nate anyway so I might as well improve upon it since the body is pretty good, now all I need is a custom base with some jungle plants and ruins and I'm all set! Why did you decide to not to the switch with the tony stark?
Well the tony stark arms are at SilentSurfer's so i have to wait. I don't know if i should switch it out once i have them back or leave it as is as it doesn't bother me as much anymore.

One sixth kit got the sculpt and outfit as a set up for preorder. Had i known that was going to happen would have gotten that over just the outfit. Oh well will still get it and use the one coming in to mod it and weather it.

Seems like Eleven did indeed come in and help, looks pretty good, still wish the shirt was darker but the CCToys version is an easy fix for it. Here it is from Kai's Facebook page:

PRE ORDER:
KAI X Eleven 1/6 Scale The Explorer Costume set
Available in Q2-Q3 2019
Features:
1x Head Sculpt
1x Blue Henley Shirt
1x Brown Pants
1x Brown Belt
1x Gun Holsters
1x Pistol
2x Pistol magazine
1 Pair of Shoes