Love death + robots

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ehollywood

Super Freak
Reaction score
Anyone seen this show yet? Binged all 18 ep and most of them are pretty Awesome. :)

DwVqiHHWkAE_RxX.jpg:large

Just started watching those last night. Saw 3 episodes, the 3 robots episode was quite funny.

Glad I didn't put it on with my kids around.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Most were fantastic, some were just ok, but I was entertained throughout every episode.

And I guess there's different orders the episodes can be presented in.

I was talking to a co-worker about it and we were trying to reference them based on their order and they were completely different for him.

For instance I had the Sonnie's Edge first on the list While he had the robot shapeshifter chick one first.

I have to say, on some episodes, the computer animation is pretty amazing. There were a few times I almost thought I was looking at live actors.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Just watched the first eight episodes (also started with Sonnie’s Edge), and I’m loving it so far.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Reviving this thread since Season 3 has just premiered. Some great stuff here, I particularly dug David Fincher's short.

Netflix recently cut a lot of their animation due to financial troubles, but I hope this series prevails. Lot of talent behind it.

There were some strong stories, but overall it didn't wow me.
I was very impressed with Jibaro. The cinematography (if you can call it that) was amazing. I'm guessing it was all mo-cap, because I really don't see any animation artist managing that fluidity and type of motion.
Stories that I liked were The Very Pulse of the Machine and Swarm. Bad Traveling was ok. The Three Robots story started the whole thing very poorly though. A shame, since they are cool characters, but it was preachy and silly. Night of the Mini Dead was very funny.
But yeah, they haven't managed to get back to the heights of the first season.

S3 was a lot better than S2, but isn't as good as S1. It started badly with the Three Robot, got better and the ended bizarrely with Jibaro.
Indifferent on whether they continue this or not.

Yeah, while not having much of a story, it blew me away on pure aesthetics. Story-wise, I guess it would have to be The Very Pulse of the Machine. Swarm had a nice twist to the whole "bugs" in space trope.

Back