James Gunn reinstated for Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.3!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'm happy if other people are happy - but for me GOTG2 was flat enough that I'd already decided never to see another GOTG in theater, and I didn't like a lot of what he did in IW either. I don't think actors/actresses liking their boss is a good reason to choose a director (not that that is what happened here). Then again, I'd see a Gunn movie any time over other recent offerings....:monkey3

Guess GOTG3 will be back on Disney's schedule tho; I know they had tabled it indefinitely.

Happy about this!

I love both Guardians films, even though I wish he hadn’t killed my favorite character in the 2nd one. They’re near the top for me.

I'm really confused, since he has officially signed on to Suicide Squad 2. But he's a terrific storyteller, so I can only hope he will stay on for both.

I fully expect him to drop out of directing Suicide Squad 2. It'll use his script but I can see that headline coming already.

I'm really confused, since he has officially signed on to Suicide Squad 2. But he's a terrific storyteller, so I can only hope he will stay on for both.

From the article

Marvel Studios has agreed to commence production on Guardians of the Galaxy 3 after Gunn completes Suicide Squad 2.

wow, I didn't imagine that could happen! Good, hopefully they rest of the world will lighten up on peoples long past comments too lol

Wow, somebody in Disney came to senses. Or just nobody else want to do it.

What is his contract with WB? At least we will get his trilogy with GOTG i wish he does the same with SS.

I get a sneaking suspicion that this has been resolved for a good while now, they're just now announcing it based on the current Marvel hype. I mean everyone they offered GOTG to turned it down and the cast all supported JG. I don't think Disney had another option here, truth be told. They sure weren't going to shelf one of the most popular MCU series.

Back