Media Halo Master Chief Collection & Reach on PC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Python

Super Freak
Reaction score
Better late than never (Very late!) the Master chief collection is finally heading to the PC. As is Reach. Better yet, it is going to Steam and isn't exclusive to the Microsoft store. :yess:

The steam part is surprising.

But these "collections" annoy me. They always seem to leave out a game or two... where the hell is Halo 5??

Amazing. 15 years later and I'll FINALLY be able to play Halo 2 (and 12 years later for Halo 3, which I also haven't played).

I feel as happy as a Kazak who has just discovered televised reruns of Miami Vice.

I played the first 3 and reach back in the day. But I'm looking forward to revisiting the franchise, hopefully full of bells and whistles for this release. I'm also hoping that we will now get the other titles individually....

The steam part is surprising.

But these "collections" annoy me. They always seem to leave out a game or two... where the hell is Halo 5??

They're actually releasing the games separately over time. Not sure why they didn't announce Halo 5. Maybe they left it out at this point because the Xbox MCC doesn't have it either.

The Master Chief’s arrival on PC will happen in stages with each title releasing one by one over time - giving the development teams the ability to ensure each one is right, while giving players a chance to jump in right away, rather than having to wait for the entire suite of games to be completed. Our current plan is for this journey to begin with the launch of Halo: Reach – the fictional beginnings of Master Chief’s saga – with the rest of the titles following in chronological order thereafter. Halo: Reach, Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST (Campaign), and Halo 4 will each be available for individual purchase within MCC as they become available. And each game will evolve and grow over time with community input.

For the team at 343 Industries, the most important and critical element of this project is ensuring that MCC delivers a true “first class” experience on PC. We’re embarking on a journey with our community to build a real PC experience that delivers on PC gamer expectations. The team is passionately committed to ensuring that all the features, bells, and whistles expected in a modern PC title are included with MCC. These features may vary somewhat by title, and we won’t get everything in there all at once – this is a product and an experience that will grow and evolve over time. We are laying the groundwork for PC native features such as excellent mouse and keyboard controls, support for multiple resolutions and aspect ratios, field-of-view sliders, and adjustable framerates, to name but a few. And yes, there will be support for Xbox gamepads and other PC controllers.

A staggered release is fine by me, gives us time to appreciate each title more. I imagine Halo 5 is a given if these sell as well as they should. Nice to know they're actually putting a bit of effort into the PC versions also rather then just porting the console versions.

Shocking its coming to Steam, but I am excited for fans of the series. And whatever people want to say about the cluster**** launch on console, 343i is a dev that does learn from its mistakes. Staggered release on pc is clearly evidence of this

I was doing some thinking as to who I'd like to see pick up Halo in 1/6 - and oddly enough I settled in on MONDO. They've been really putting forth a good effort with their 1/6 "high end" figures. And that's ultimately the best way to make a Spartan, I think. Just a big, well made, sharply detailed action figure.

There's plenty of room to concept articulation in the design of the undersuits, and it negates the obnoxious rubber jumper that 3Z always insisted on using.

Back