1/6 Which of these 4 iron man figures are the best:

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toy Boi

Freakalicious
Reaction score
W/o considering price is there a consensus on which of these are best?

6e08aad553e94d24742e523292453364.jpg

4be7adebc21d121b1bf301057b03af80.jpg

28ad5e3c1616d90d93b6d73718fe2530.jpg

64f4a995782ffcec5467b78eda1033d3.jpg

Thank you in advance for any replies :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 7 hasn't been released yet so no one can really comment on that - it may turn out to be the best yet or the gimmicky pod feature could hold it back. The 43 is a older figure and has been surpassed by the more recent diecast figures/ The IV and VI are essentially the same figure, so it may depend on color you prefer. I personally prefer the IV because it has the full Tony head sculpt.

The most popular suit is easily the Mark 7 (in general), but honestly it wasn’t my favourite.

My favourite suit has always been the Mark 6, but for whatever reason it’s the Mark 43 that I have in 1/6 and 1/4 scaled figures and a 1/4 statue of.

I think I have narrowed it down to either the mark 4 or 7

I think I have narrowed it down to either the mark 4 or 7

Well that didn't take long :lol

The 7 had the most cool screen time, but it's not my favorite look. The 4 is more classic. The 6 has actually become my favorite.....I once didn't care for the triangle, but love it now. I believe that pic is not the die cast version though. The DC 6 is one of my top 2 favorite 1/6 scales.

You can't go wrong with either of the Mark IV or Mark VI. The IV wins by a nose for me due to the classic round arc reactor and the paint scheme being strictly red & gold. For some reason the metallic grey for the knees & biceps on the VI has always bugged me. It reminds me of a car driving around with a replacement part that's only had the primer coat applied. But I'm sure that's just me. :lol

Mark VI. Was in 2 movies for a good amount of time. It’s a classic armor for sure. Definitely my fav

6 or 7 for me. 4 looks the most classic comic but we don't see it for long.
6 has a major part in IM2 and avengers and possibly my fave

Definitely the mark 7 for me. I have the mark 4 diecast and it is no doubt stunning, but knowing they are releasing the 7 in diecast I would go with the 7. The mark 7 has a lot going for it for me. Its a beefier armor, has the battle damage, and has a ton of interchangeable parts and accessories compared to the 4.

I think he's trying to decide between the Iron Man figures that are currently available. So keep in mind that the Mk VI pictured here is the reissue of the older plastic Mk VI and not the sold out Diecast one, which are vastly different figures.

If you could absolutely only have one, I would pick the Mk VII Diecast. But as others have said, we don't know how good the final product will be. Though I can't imagine it'll be a problem as their Diecast Iron Man figures tend to be solid releases for the most part.

I love the Mk 42 Diecast but it's a bit undersized. The plastic VI is definitely not worth it because it's a very old figure that's dated in design and scale.

I'm going to personally recommend getting the Mk IV Diecast now while you still can. Don't hesitate on it. Just do it. Because the prices will skyrocket once it's sold out. The figure itself is pretty close to perfect, and the design is a timeless representation of the MCU as a whole despite not being quite as iconic as the VII.

If you decide you would rather have the VII after in-hand impressions are out, you can sell the IV and get your money back or more.

If you can get your hands on the diecast Mark VI, it's a great figure. If you're purchasing is based in movie feats, it's still the Mark VI. Mark IV looks more classic and a natural evolution of the Mark III, but let's be honest it didn't do much other than get drunk..

This thread actually encouraged me to part with my 46, and then snag a Mark IV so I'd have a 'classic look' IM in my Marvel group display.

I'll also have the old original 7 in my Avengers diorama (suspended, DC too heavy) and another dio with WM and the VI.

Think that'll complete my IM crew.

This thread actually encouraged me to part with my 46, and then snag a Mark IV so I'd have a 'classic look' IM in my Marvel group display.

I'll also have the old original 7 in my Avengers diorama (suspended, DC too heavy) and another dio with WM and the VI.

Think that'll complete my IM crew.

You won’t be disappointed. I had the 46 and it’s a great suit, but for me, the Mark IV is the iconic suit and one of my favourite 1/6 pieces of all time.

Back