Any custom THING figures out there?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yondu_toys

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Here's my custom Carpenter Spider Head! 1 of 1 with COA

I sculpted, painted and applied hair to it. Legs are fully posable.

IMG_20190311_181814.jpg
IMG_20190311_181831.jpg
IMG_20190311_181821.jpg

Last edited:
Ah epic work...

Who is this artist you speak of ? Me? Are they Chinese?

;)

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

How wish MacReady and Thing Palmer were done in 1/6 scale… I remember PCSToys was doing Mac with the spider head but it got cancelled… But that custom is gorgeous! I'd love to have a display piece like it, amazing work sir!

I know, why no figures we're ever made is unbelievable. I would've said it was a licensing issue but they made the Escape figure. I saw a custom MacReady which was awesome. Can't remember where

I have this one with the light up lantern.
d02c883e7be6e09d95ab8483eed2970b.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I know, why no figures we're ever made is unbelievable. I would've said it was a licensing issue but they made the Escape figure. I saw a custom MacReady which was awesome. Can't remember where

Mcfarlane had the license when they did the movie maniacs series, they only did palmer thing and the blair thing though , and Sota toys had a box set of Mac and the dog thing but that's as far as it goes when it comes to licensend figures, I've seen some Mac customs but that's about it, a shame really since it's one of my all time favourite movies with no shortage of praise in the horror community, you'd think someone would've already done some actual figures, I'd take any scale at this point.

I have this one with the light up lantern.
d02c883e7be6e09d95ab8483eed2970b.jpg

Looks great! do you know where we can find it? Or something similar?

This is actually a resin statue I purchased from jersey fest and a friend painted it for me and included the snow effect.

Quick and dirty photos from my case that I just took (LED's are drowning out some of the fleshtone and colors FYI). Make me an offer!

GEDC1704.JPGGEDC1703.JPGGEDC1702.JPGGEDC1701.JPG

I was so disappointed when PCS pulled their Mac fig, I was so looking forward to getting the fig. The Thing is such an awesome movie. I wish Sideshow or someone would pick up the licence. I would of thought there was more interest in a MacReady fig then a Jack Burton fig.

I know lol. Big Trouble was trash. I'm surprised any of Carpenter's movies got any figures at all. I think it's licensing agreements. I had a chat with Neca about the Myers figure they released which opened my eyes to what is actually involved in us getting a figure.

I'd love to see the Thing, They Live, '78 Halloween (even though we have the Madbug/ Yunsil ultimate. More like Lori and Loomis, etc), and H2 warlock.

Back