The Great Star Wars Heist

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quite a few of us un the boards talked about it shortly after it happened. It really is sad that it happened and I hope he moves on past this.

Everyone can err. I’m not a Star Wars fan, so I only knew his name here on the board and had few, if any, conversation with him, but even though what he did was wrong, his remorse makes me think he deserves a second chance.

Sad story.

Yeah, pretty old news at this point. I saw that link on rebelscum, read the article and just felt terrible for all parties involved, Carl included. According to the article Carl is 100% out of Star Wars and collecting so hopefully he's not perusing these sites and seeing that it's still a topic of discussion. I'm not saying that he shouldn't have been punished but it really seems like his life was ruined over these dumb collectibles and if there's any crime that a person should be able to "come back" from then I definitely think that this one would qualify.

Everyone can err. I’m not a Star Wars fan, so I only knew his name here on the board and had few, if any, conversation with him, but even though what he did was wrong, his remorse makes me think he deserves a second chance.

Sad story.

Really sad, for all parties involved. The question that always arises in these situations is are they remorseful over their decisions, or just sad they got caught? It does seem like there were complex personal issues involved and I hope that his remorse is sincere, and that he puts all of this behind him for his own sake and that of his family. Sometimes in life you can't win back trust, but you can start over in a different milieu, and I hope he does.

Not to be an ass, but I have zero sympathies for thieves, and even less for thieves who steal from friends and people who were nothing but good and kind to them. What was done was done by choice, over a long period of time. Showing remorse only after being caught doesn't rate with me. And that is all I will say.

Massive sympathy for Sansweet and Tann, though, neither of whom did anything to deserve their parts in this whole sorry mess.

Not to be an ass, but I have zero sympathies for thieves, and even less for thieves who steal from friends and people who were nothing but good and kind to them. What was done was done by choice, over a long period of time. Showing remorse only after being caught doesn't rate with me. And that is all I will say.

Massive sympathy for Sansweet and Tann, though, neither of whom did anything to deserve their parts in this whole sorry mess.

I absolutely see your -- and Sansweet's -- point. Hence my questioning people's 'remorse' when caught dead to rights. You cannot un-burn bridges, but sometimes -- not often but sometimes -- people can grow and change.

I absolutely see your -- and Sansweet's -- point. Hence my questioning people's 'remorse' when caught dead to rights. You cannot un-burn bridges, but sometimes -- not often but sometimes -- people can grow and change.

Of course, it is always possible to become a better person, but that doesn't erase the sins of the past, or undo the damage and hurt caused. Nor does it entitle one to forgiveness. Forgiveness is never owed, and is entirely the province of the victim(s) in question, and theirs to grant, or not, as they see fit. One can only endeavor not to commit more sins into the future, and be a better person to the people in their life now, while making reparations, wherever possible, to those that have been wronged.

Those are just my personal 'armchair critic' views on such matters, anyway. Not that it is my place to be anyone's judge, nor would I ever want to be. :)

Of course, it is always possible to become a better person, but that doesn't erase the sins of the past, or undo the damage and hurt caused. Nor does it entitle one to forgiveness. Forgiveness is never owed, and is entirely the province of the victim(s) in question, and theirs to grant, or not, as they see fit. One can only endeavor not to commit more sins into the future, and be a better person to the people in their life now, while making reparations, wherever possible, to those that have been wronged.

Those are just my personal 'armchair critic' views on such matters, anyway. Not that it is my place to be anyone's judge, nor would I ever want to be. :)

Truth. :duff

Exactly, reap what you sow....

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Wew, I'm outta the loop.

With all the drama that goes on in this forum, I'm amazed I missed out on this bit of juicy gossip.

Wew, I'm outta the loop.

With all the drama that goes on in this forum, I'm amazed I missed out on this bit of juicy gossip.

Agreed. So this is supposed to be IrishJedi? That is shocking. Were have I been during all of this; I just heard about the theft of Rancho Obi-Wan in the past 6 months.

:goodpost:

I'm sure you'd change your tune quickly if you ever have something precious stolen from you.

:goodpost:

I'm sure you'd change your tune quickly if you ever have something precious stolen from you.

I don't think you followed what I've been getting at.

In brief, I said bridges cannot be un-burned. That there's no going back and there will always remain the suspicion that remorse stems from being caught rather than genuine repentance.

That being said, *sometimes* people can change, but it generally requires starting over somewhere else amongst different people.

So there's not much of a tune to change.

And I've had my life completely wiped out and reset by a break and enter -- not just possessions but years worth of artistic work that couldn't be recovered.

Some people are predators and will remain so. Some people are not, and some ... have the potential to be either.

Back