lejuan = rufian's list to complain about

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr. Green

Super Freak
Reaction score
Due to inflation and economic stress, we can't buy as much as we like. This thread can collect unicorn tears and unheard voices in the woods.

Mr. Green can't afford that new Honda Passport-Elite Edition. Please donate for the homeless.

I have to choose between a badly-needed new pair of shoes and Autoart's 1/18 Falcon XB V8 Interceptor.

It makes me angry that shoes wear out. With daily use they should last at least 5 years. So angry.

I bought a stamp today. Now it was one you must lick to stick. After running to the post office, I was so sweaty that I had no saliva left. So I had to buy a bottle of water. This stamp was really too expensive in the end. Why the hell don’t they just make self sticking stamps!

They do. :lol

It makes me angry that shoes wear out. With daily use they should last at least 5 years. So angry.

My boots are on their 3rd winter! :bunnydanc

It's nice that our toys don't wear out. It doesn't matter how much you look at a statue.

Oh. And I need some Eden cabinets. D210XST and D212XST, please.

They do. :lol

My boots are on their 3rd winter! :bunnydanc

Boots I like. I do have a couple of pairs of Doc Martens I bought in 1999. Even at half price, $125 a piece was a fair bit to spend on boots. I took a break from wearing them for a few years when some of the stitching started to fray. But I took them to a bootmaker and got them all sewn up and they're good again. I love those boots.

Think you got $70,000 worth of statues you could sell? Or are you a true collector? :lol

Boots I like. I do have a couple of pairs of Doc Martens I bought in 1999. Even at half price, $125 a piece was a fair bit to spend on boots. I took a break from wearing them for a few years when some of the stitching started to fray. But I took them to a bootmaker and got them all sewn up and they're good again. I love those boots.

There used to be cobbler here. Long gone. I bought Docs in '93 ($70 for 6 hole) and I walked to New Orleans and back. They didn't last much longer after that, but what would? My Chippewa IQ's only see service in the winter (even if that's 5-6 months a year). I used to wear loggers (not insulated, like the IQ's) as my regular shoe, and 3 years was standard. I think I had a pair that made it 5. Ibex. Oxblood. I miss those boots.

Think you got $70,000 worth of statues you could sell? Or are you a true collector? :lol

There used to be cobbler here. Long gone. I bought Docs in '93 ($70 for 6 hole) and I walked to New Orleans and back. They didn't last much longer after that, but what would? My Chippewa IQ's only see service in the winter (even if that's 5-6 months a year). I used to wear loggers (not insulated, like the IQ's) as my regular shoe, and 3 years was standard. I think I had a pair that made it 5. Ibex. Oxblood. I miss those boots.

Maine to New Orleans and back? That's pretty keen. When I lived in Africa I walked everywhere, I miss it. Every time I walk past the cobbler's I'm happy he's in business. It's a city of a half million people, so I guess that's enough to sustain at least one guy making and repairing boots. But the shoes I'm after are flats (Camper Peu). I like them 'cause I don't have to do up laces. But they're kinda hipster shoes, so they cost more than they're worth.

I'm sure they have design features that makes them worth it. Niche always has an advantage when it comes to overpricing.

I hitchhiked. 13 rides between Philly and N.O. After Mardis Gras, went from N.O. to San Antonio, then Del Rio, then back to Houston, then home to Boston. Three months on the road. Not quite Africa, but it had its moments!

Back