New Male & Female Seamless Bodies from JIAOU

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They’ve been around for a few years now. They are a cheaper alternative to TBL, yes, but the rubber isn’t the same, and the range of motion isn’t quite as fluid. I have a few, they’re not bad. The one nice thing about them is more color variety, and they have three different colors for male bodies. The color names are a bit misleading for the female bodies (like “black” for instance, is mostly a really ugly grey color); Wheaten is their Suntan, but they also have a KT004 which is similar to their Wheaten, and matches the early Kimi Toys head sculpts (like the KT004 head sculpt — hence the name).

There is a story abou Jiaou attacking/copying Phicen/TBleague & trying to steal their work.
You can read more here.

They’ve been around for a few years now. They are a cheaper alternative to TBL, yes, but the rubber isn’t the same, and the range of motion isn’t quite as fluid. I have a few, they’re not bad. The one nice thing about them is more color variety, and they have three different colors for male bodies. The color names are a bit misleading for the female bodies (like “black” for instance, is mostly a really ugly grey color); Wheaten is their Suntan, but they also have a KT004 which is similar to their Wheaten, and matches the early Kimi Toys head sculpts (like the KT004 head sculpt — hence the name).

I have avoided buying a M35 partly because skin colour issues. I still have to see a custom made with a male Phicen body where there is a good skin color match. They are just too rosy, while heads are more yellowish. Having only one skin colour available means that I can't use that body.

My question: is there ANY skin tone (KT004 or Wheaten) that maches most common HS colour-wise?

Thanks,
m.

I guess it depends on what you mean by “common head sculpts”? If you’re referring mostly to HT heads, then the TBL Suntan is the closest that I’m aware of. It also tends to closely match Easy & Simple heads fairly well. I don’t have any of the male Jiaou bodies, as they just started making those, and they’re kind of oddly shaped — particularly the legs. If you’re planning to use the M35 with an Arnold HS, for example, that is your best bet. I have no idea how the Jiaou male bodies compare color-wise to their females — but at least they offer 3 different colors. You have to remember, though, that there’s going to be a difference from what you see in hand as opposed to what a camera captures — different materials reflecting light differently, and all that; in hand it’s not that noticeable.

I guess it depends on what you mean by “common head sculpts”? If you’re referring mostly to HT heads, then the TBL Suntan is the closest that I’m aware of. It also tends to closely match Easy & Simple heads fairly well. I don’t have any of the male Jiaou bodies, as they just started making those, and they’re kind of oddly shaped — particularly the legs. If you’re planning to use the M35 with an Arnold HS, for example, that is your best bet. I have no idea how the Jiaou male bodies compare color-wise to their females — but at least they offer 3 different colors. You have to remember, though, that there’s going to be a difference from what you see in hand as opposed to what a camera captures — different materials reflecting light differently, and all that; in hand it’s not that noticeable.

Suntan? There are no colour options for TBL male bodies, are there? Are all of them suntan? I have seem many customs made with those bodies and there were always hard color mismatches.....

Thanks,
m.

The TBL male bodies are all of the dark Suntan; except now they have those really tall bodies (made for basketball players) that have Black and Suntan. Jiaou makes 3 colors for their male bodies, as I said, Black and Pale among them. The listings on any of these things can get confusing, as half the vendors use their own terminology instead of using the manufacturer’s terms.

Back