I regret buying an iphone

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rufian

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I was always broke and had androids my whole life, so last year, I decided to just buy an iphone 8, no big deal, as I still have my cheap Huawei android. If it wasn't for my android, I would get rid of this. You can't do anything on it at all. How do people put up with this?

You can't download videos unless you use methods like jailbreak, tweaked sideload apps ++, etc. Even if you do download the video, you can't keep it in the phone, it won't let you, so it has to be put on icloud. You can't download mp3. You can't lock your apps, something as simple as that. They don't even give you the option to lock your gallery. Lots of "movie maker" apps on apple store, but is useless as you can't download videos. Even if you have a video, if you want to add an mp3 to the video, you can't as this crap won't let you download music from anywhere on the web.

These video apps have the "itunes" option to add music, but you can't add anything as is copyrighted and it won't let you

You can't do anything on this phone except that it looks pretty.

You might not have much use for it Rufian, but you’ll find it does have a phone feature that allows you to call friends. Pretty handy for most users.

By all means, please start a few more threads where you whine about something.

h5CE3DC69

I have an iPhone and I use it for a whole bunch of stuff. In fact, I don't understand why anyone would buy an Android. They're rediculously complicated, and it seems like every model and every update changes settings around for no good reason - I'm in IT, and one of my jobs is to write manuals to help people set up their devices. Apple? Easy. Every one is the same. Android? Ugh. Pain in the butt.

Is the OS bloated with a bunch of stuff only certain power users need? No. Which is a good thing. Relegate that stuff to apps. I use FE File Explorer to manage videos. There's plenty of other apps that you can download with, including the all-powerful bit torrent if you're comfortable using it. There's apps that will allow you to lock down apps as well.

It sounds to ME as if you have some stuff you'd like to hide on your phone and want the OS to help you with that...

I despised iPhones for years. Was such an Android fanboy. Until I saw the iPhone X, and the reviews were so good. It was such a great phone, so I opted for the iPhone XS Max the next year.

In terms of usability and general user experience, iPhones are great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes the fact that the Iphone has been slowed down drastically and on top of it apple admits a reason to compensate battery life is something that makes me regret for buying Iphone. Not only I regret but I felt cheated by a big giant. All the respect for Apple I had was gone with a frustratingly slow device.

I've been using an iPhone for less than a month, and before that, I only had Android, but I don't regret starting using an iPhone. Yes, it was a tough choice, but Android has so many difficulties. They are constantly buggy, always lack memory, and often live their own lives. I had several phones that turned off when they wanted, opened various applications by themselves, called someone themselves, and this was very annoying. During the time I was changing my phones to Android, my friends used the same iPhone. So it all depends on you and your expectations from the phone. And if you are not happy with your phone, there is no one to blame, because you yourself bought it and did it voluntarily.

Back