What's the point of collecting mainstream sideshow props?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rufian

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I don't get it. Toys like Batman, Superman, Marvel toys, The hulk, Captain America, Ironman, etc. What's so special about collecting mainstream superhero toys that everyone else has. Every collector has these damn toys. I don't get the appeal. If I want to collect, I'd rather be unique and own stuff that nobody else has, like a rare item from the 80s or 90s that not many have or are difficult to find

Those superhero toys are way too mainstream and sideshow is too popular. Everyone and their mother has these toys on youtube. I don't see what's special about collecting these mainstream items that are mass produced by the thousands.

I don't get it. Toys like Batman, Superman, Marvel toys, The hulk, Captain America, Ironman, etc. What's so special about collecting mainstream superhero toys that everyone else has. Every collector has these damn toys. I don't get the appeal. If I want to collect, I'd rather be unique and own stuff that nobody else has, like a rare item from the 80s or 90s that not many have or are difficult to find

Those superhero toys are way too mainstream and sideshow is too popular. Everyone and their mother has these toys on youtube. I don't see what's special about collecting these mainstream items that are mass produced by the thousands.

Unless you make a custom someone else has it too. I collect what I like. Doesn't matter who else has it too. Same with a car. People drive the same car I have and I don't care.

giphy.gif

Those properties and characters are pretty popular. Some people don't really care about exclusivity either, Hot Toys is mass produced and a lot of people on this forum collect them.

Btw, are you related to Potato or is this Potato's burner account? :rotfl

You sound like you're trying very hard to be different. Maybe antiques are more your style as you're preoccupied with rarity rather than what something actually looks like

Might as well cut down that title:

“What is the point of collecting”

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

In this thread:

If I want to collect, I'd rather be unique and own stuff that nobody else has, like a rare item from the 80s or 90s that not many have or are difficult to find

In others:

This toy was worth $30 new and even though decades have passed, this is not some rare very limited number, never seen item for it to cost hundreds and hundreds, this was a mass produced toy, especially when they are not in mint condition and with inserts, box, etc.

I have only spent some money on Good guy doll

All I want now is maybe a Freddy Krueger glove

:huh

Those properties and characters are pretty popular. Some people don't really care about exclusivity either, Hot Toys is mass produced and a lot of people on this forum collect them.

Btw, are you related to Potato or is this Potato's burner account? :rotfl

Potatoes gonna potate

Because as children, when we enter High School, males give up their childhood toys in order to be, "cool." Then we get to a certain point in our life where we just don't care what anyone else thinks, and we go back and buy all things that brought us joy as children. It doesn't have to be rare or unique. It just has to remind us of what we enjoyed in our youth.
Now stop being such an angry curmudgeon and just collect and enjoy the site.

Because as children, when we enter High School, males give up their childhood toys in order to be, "cool." Then we get to a certain point in our life where we just don't care what anyone else thinks, and we go back and buy all things that brought us joy as children. It doesn't have to be rare or unique. It just has to remind us of what we enjoyed in our youth.
Now stop being such an angry curmudgeon and just collect and enjoy the site.

Legit. I'm at that point where I don't give a damn anymore, I'm just gonna buy the relics of my childhood and be happy

Back