How does your wallet feel about collecting?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rufian

Freaked Out
Reaction score
This is a very expensive hobby. How does your bank account feel? Does it complain? I have only spent some money on Good guy doll, accessories, knight rider toy and I feel like if I don’t stop myself now, I’m gonna end up with less money than I should be having.

All I want now is maybe a Freddy Krueger glove and maybe some other stuff, but I’m always torn between the feeling of having the item and spending my money.

I have savings and everything, not broke by any stretch but my bank account has been complaining in my dreams lately. He is saying that i should be kinder with him. I see it shrinking with every purchase and I don’t like it.

I auction items on ebay, they usually don’t start off high but at the end oh booooyyyyy.

I auction items on ebay, they usually don’t start off high but at the end oh booooyyyyy.

It doesn’t apply to you then. I’m talking about people who only buy and collect. They don’t sell. Mostly you are just spending and spending money.

If you’re selling items then you’re not longer just collecting

Everybody's budget has limits, but more to the point for me is space and not wanting to be owned by too many things of any kind. Lots of thought and rules to curate my personal collection have kept it tight and meaningful for me. I also edit what I have from time to time.

I don't remember where I read the article, may have actually been GQ, about *how to collect*. Collections are thought of as organic and changeable. You let some things go from time to time, either to make room for something else -- better or more meaningful -- or simply to remove things that no longer resonate and create empty space.

I think this approach makes it easier to keep finances in line.

If it complained 12 hours a day it would still only be half as much as the OP.

Back