What Are Your Favorite Hot Toys MCU Figures?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JB24

Super Freak
Reaction score
I am interested to hear people's thoughts on their Top 3 favorite Hot Toys MCU figures. I am suggesting a limit of 3 figures so you can share which figures are the best for you. Hopefully, you can also say why you like the figures you selected.

Here's my top 3 (in no particular order):

1) Doctor Strange MMS387 (original version) - I love the head sculpt and the presence it commands on the shelf. The IW version is good too (and has more accessories) but I prefer the head sculpt of the original.

2) Star-Lord Vol. 2 Deluxe MMS421 - Great head sculpt and lots of useful accessories! You can almost make a second figure with all the accessories you get from the deluxe.

3) Winter Soldier from Captain America: Winter Soldier MMS241 - I loved Bucky's role as a villain. I wish Marvel explored that side of him more. This figure also has a ton of accessories and display options just like Star-Lord Vol. 2 Deluxe.

My top 3 in no order:
3. Black Widow and Scarlet Witch tied because they're both beautiful figures.
2. Infinity War Thor because he looks insanely badass.
3. Infinity War Doctor Strange because I dig the new sculpt.
400acd0fa3e381d776f02608768e4d0b.jpg
b9734360c15cf71bd7555fbb9a79a08b.jpg
1e196a9df7dab6a06123b2bace4ad497.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1. Doctor Strange Infinity War. Awesome everything
2. Hela. While the outfit is relatively basic, the head sculpt. My oh my the head sculpt. Probably my favorite of the bunch
3. Yondu. Overall an amazing figure, from the spot on head sculpt, the tailoring and details on his clothes. Stand out figure for me.

Yondu is my absolute favourite...a real lightning in a bottle figure.

After that, depending on which way the wind is blowing, any of the following could fill out my top 3...

- Ant-Man 1.0
- Doctor Strange (both versions...although I slightly favour the IW figure because of all the accessories)
- Thanos (arrived from HK a few days ago...absolute beast of a figure with two stellar head sculpts)
- Hela (Hi Cate!)
- Gladiator Thor Deluxe (Although very scene specific, I adore the outfit and accessories...and for me, it's still the closest HT have come to capturing Hemsworth in 1/6 [Caveat: with the helmet on - head sculpt looks a little funky with the hair piece)
- Iron Man Concept 46 (nice balance of classic and contemporary...would love to have seen this variant on screen)

Here are mine:

1. Civil War Captain America - I think this is the best version of Cap out there, and everything looks amazing, from the colors to the textures to the construction.

2. Infinity War Doctor Strange - I might be biased since I just received him on Monday, but I am extremely impressed with his tailoring, head sculpt, and magic effects.

3. Iron Monger - he has an amazing shelf presence, and he is probably the figure that I "play with" the most - I love the way his pistons move, and the way his suit opens up.

1. Loki MMS176 - my personal favorite Loki costume design from my absolute favorite MCU movie
2. Red Skull - love that you get two near perfect head sculpts and two costumes in one figure, and it retailed for almost $40 less than what HT want now for figures with only one head sculpt
3. Hela - the design is just so perfect and the likeness is spot-on

1. Iron Man Mark IV Diecast. Proportions, finish, classic design.

2. Homecoming Spider-Man. Expressive, bright, embodies the heart of Marvel comics.

3. Avengers Hulk. Massive shelf presence and screams Marvel.

Honourable mention: Civil War Black Widow. Great sculpt and paint, sleek and deadly costume.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1) All time fav - TWS Bucky. Fav MCU character, fav MCU movie fully loaded release, IMO HT got his look down...also multiple display options, fun to 'bash w. xtra weapons/diorama stands

2) Civil War Cap - was my second Cap (I think) after the TWS Stealth set. Have most of the Caps but seems to be the most *quintessential* Cap. Beautiful fig.

3) Civil War IM 46 diecast - the engineering, gleaming cherry armor; also loved movie, fully loaded release, beautiful fig!

Honorable mentions: Ultron Mark 1, TWS Natasha (sleek spy look), Rescue Cap, CW Scarlet Witch, TFA Cap re the retro look, both Falcons.

Don't have any figs I regret tho. Biggest regret is - SOMETIMES - having to pay above retail to complete a shelf later. I almost missed CW Wanda - managed to get her at PopCultcha at "retail" but re the exchange rate at the time I paid a bit more than U.S. retail. Almost missed CW Black Panther at retail too.:horror

My one and only is Civil War Battling Cap with the extras I've picked up fir it: 2 extra metal shields (clean & battle damaged), extra head sculpt with the swapable mouth pieces. Only way I'll get another would be if the Endgame one is an upgrade. I'd love to get an Iron Man but there are so many and so expensive that it's hard to decide on just one. Wish they'd make a 1/6 version of the MK3 that comes with all the goodies of the 1/4

Tough because my list is basically my favorite characters brought into 1/6, not which are the best figures made. So...

Avengers 1 hulk
Iron man mk1 2.0
Asm 2 spiderman

My list may change after i get thanos.

If it was best 3 figures even if I'm not fan of the character per se then...

Doctor strange 1st version
Iron man mk1 2.0
Ultron mk1 (i dont even own that one)

-Civil War Mark 46: An absolutely beautiful looking figure, the light up feature is great, and the unmasked head has a really good likeness.
-Civil War Scarlet Witch: The paint on this version’s headsculpt really makes it look a lot better than the AOU one, and the costume looks really good. I got this one a couple of months ago so I paid a little more than I would’ve liked, but I’m glad I did with the prices now.
-GOTG Vol. 2 Star Lord Deluxe Version: I love all of the options for this guy, and even though I think the unmasked head is a little off, I really like the masked sculpt, especially with the light up eyes.
An honorable mention to the Civil War Black Widow, since the overall look is amazing, but I hate how plasticy the costume is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very tough choosing just three!! So I'll say (in no particular order)...

1. Avengers Loki - my fave Marvel character and still the best Loki figure they've done (IMO), plus it was my first ever Hot Toys figure
2. Doctor Strange (first one) - I just love this figure, the look, likeness everything!
3. Yondu - just pure 1/6 scale awesomeness.

Honorable mentions: Hela, Homecoming Spiderman (both versions) and Ant-Man (the first one)

Based on those I've owned:

1) Homecoming Spider-Man-best HT figure representation yet of the most important and iconic Marvel character.
2) Avengers 1 Hulk-very impressive figure. Despite the other versions out there, this one is still best due to the comic-like ripped pants.
3) Dr. Strange-such an awesome figure, from the sculpt, to the tailoring, to the accessories. Hot Toys does a lot of things very well, but the figures with distinctive, sophisticated tailoring like this and Jack Sparrow are what really set them apart from anyone else out there. The newer one may have a slightly better sculpt, but that's debatable (and I don't have him in hand to judge).

Well, I'm kinda old-school I guess...

Capt, America "Rescue Version" TFA

CAP-RESCUE--10.jpg

Red Skull TFA

RED-SKULL-018.jpg

Iron Man Mark I

MARK-1_04.jpg

Yes, there are "better" figures, but these are the ones I have that I still enjoy.

Back