Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 59 of 63 FirstFirst ... 949555657585960616263 LastLast

Default Re: Asmus Toys Lord of the Ring Gandalf Gray

Yep...I got out of the preordering game awhile ago because for a while I was heavily into Star Wars Hot Toys and noticed that those things were still in stock literally years after release...so why preorder? I was waiting patiently, but once I saw that it was Waitlisted at Sideshow I immediately put in a 1am preorder with Asmus!

©Fly, All rights reserved
    Feedback
    27 (100%)
    This one was an instant pre-order for me.

As far as Star Wars Hot Toys, lately I'm noticing a quicker time-frame on figures going out of stock, in general.

Are they just making smaller runs or is COVID-19 to blame? Unsure.
    -------------------------------------------------
    A good discussion is like a miniskirt; Short enough to maintain interest and long enough to cover the subject.

Freakazoid

Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by Wor-Gar View Post
    Damn... sold out. I figured there'd be a little more warning.

Oh well, hoping I can still buy a replacement head for my previous Gandalf.
    BBTS still has him available for $330.

I wonder when this will actually ship. I have only been collecting this line for a few weeks and have picked up primarily older figures. Is Asmus usually good about releasing fairly close to the scheduled date...or are they closer to the Blitzway school of releasing a year or two after the scheduled date?

Quote Originally Posted by jal76 View Post
    I wonder when this will actually ship. I have only been collecting this line for a few weeks and have picked up primarily older figures. Is Asmus usually good about releasing fairly close to the scheduled date...or are they closer to the Blitzway school of releasing a year or two after the scheduled date?
    I don't remember getting upset about releases. It depends on whether u order from ASMUS which is quickest. I waited for months for BBTS to get my first Thranduil in, but that's more of a shipping thing. I think SSC has Gandalf slated July-September.

Quote Originally Posted by Sassafras View Post
    I don't remember getting upset about releases. It depends on whether u order from ASMUS which is quickest. I waited for months for BBTS to get my first Thranduil in, but that's more of a shipping thing. I think SSC has Gandalf slated July-September.
    Thanks!

Yeah, ordering directly through Asmus is always quickest. (Plus, it has the added advantage of making sure more of the money goes directly to support the company.) For most figures they have a pretty quick turn-around. Off the top of my head ... maybe six months or so from pre-order to shipping? Does that sound right? (Add a month or so if you order through Sideshow. Maybe two more months if you go through BBTS.)

It varies from figure to figure, of course. But it's typically a lot faster than Hot Toys or (shudder) ThreeZero where you can be waiting a year or more. Sometimes it's REALLY quick. Just a couple of months. I remember Theoden and Arwen being really fast between announcement and shipping.

This Crown Gandalf is a whole different animal, though. All the hairing is super labor intensive and meticulous. This is uncharted territory for them, so I'm cutting them all the slack in the world when it comes to his timelines.
    "History issa made atta night. Character is whatta you are inna the dark." --Lord John Whorfin

Just a little freaky
    Feedback
    I managed to pre-order one. But it's still available, keep watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky Underbelly View Post
    Yeah, ordering directly through Asmus is always quickest. (Plus, it has the added advantage of making sure more of the money goes directly to support the company.) For most figures they have a pretty quick turn-around. Off the top of my head ... maybe six months or so from pre-order to shipping? Does that sound right? (Add a month or so if you order through Sideshow. Maybe two more months if you go through BBTS.)

It varies from figure to figure, of course. But it's typically a lot faster than Hot Toys or (shudder) ThreeZero where you can be waiting a year or more. Sometimes it's REALLY quick. Just a couple of months. I remember Theoden and Arwen being really fast between announcement and shipping.

This Crown Gandalf is a whole different animal, though. All the hairing is super labor intensive and meticulous. This is uncharted territory for them, so I'm cutting them all the slack in the world when it comes to his timelines.
    I ordered direct from Asmus...my plan was to order from Sideshow but once I saw that the figure was Waitlisted I immediately placed the Asmus order. In all of my years of collecting the furthest that I have had an item ship from is Canada...I live in the southern United States. I have actually never ordered directly from Asia which was my other big reservation. In reading through some of the threads here it seems like Asmus knows what they are doing when it comes to international shipping. I have not read about any issues or customs concerns so I am hoping that that will all go smoothly.

Quote Originally Posted by jal76 View Post
    I ordered direct from Asmus...my plan was to order from Sideshow but once I saw that the figure was Waitlisted I immediately placed the Asmus order. In all of my years of collecting the furthest that I have had an item ship from is Canada...I live in the southern United States. I have actually never ordered directly from Asia which was my other big reservation. In reading through some of the threads here it seems like Asmus knows what they are doing when it comes to international shipping. I have not read about any issues or customs concerns so I am hoping that that will all go smoothly.
    I've gotten maybe half a dozen figures directly from Asmus over the last few years. They ship quickly (and free). There might be a bit of a delay these days because of Covid. Haven't had an issue with customs thus far (I'm in New Jersey) but every once in a while one of the boxes gets a little beaten up. Never had any figures damaged, though.
    "History issa made atta night. Character is whatta you are inna the dark." --Lord John Whorfin