Diamond Select: HBO's Westworld

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny Utah

I learned to hate you in the last 10 years
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Ford and MIB look amazing. Dolores, not so much.
IMG_20190217_182846.jpg
IMG_20190217_182848.jpg
IMG_20190217_182850.jpg

When I look at these, they instantly remind me of my Sam Cobra figure from The Best of the West series. The form fitting plastic and the leg/joint connection.

That's one of the NY Toy Fair highlights for me. I love the show and I will buy the figures for sure!

I'd be interested in a generic host being built like from the title series. That'd be neat on the desk. As for the characters, Teddy maybe, Dolores doesn't look that great, maybe William. A Bernard might be nice to go with Ford.

Why do I get the feeling these will never be approved and abandoned in five years, just like Pulp Fiction?

Because you've been stung by Diamond badly with Pulp Fiction. They confirmed on Facebook that line is definitely cancelled. Waiting for more info from Zach on this line before I draw any similar conclusions.

FIVE ****ING YEARS.

I went and bought all three of wave one on good faith that they'd follow through with the rest, and they never even had the decency to SHOW us the sculpts.

I wish there was something I could do to make more of an impact on their bottom line, but I'm just one guy. I mean nothing to them. All I can do is make sure I never spend another bloody cent on any of their products.

Anyway, piss on 'em. I hope they choke on all their unapproved solicited figures and someone with some brains and dedication swoops in and actually accomplishes what they were unwilling and unable to do.

Just not something that warrants toys IMO. I don't think it would be successful for any company taking it on.
Yeah, if you want to do toys for adults, you should either go with something really hot, go with something that looks great on the shelf, or go with something iconic with real staying power. I'm not sure if Westworld checks any of those boxes right now, but Diamond is a toy company and I'm not, so presumably they know better than I do. Of course, they also have to factor in licensing costs (I'm guessing this isn't so high, which could be a big part of the reason they're doing this), but given the time it takes them to get a line actually rolled out, Westworld could be about done by the time season 1 figures even hit the shelf.

I think these look quite good, though.

Sweet! I'll be cautiously optimistic they'll improve the likenesses and do a second Dolores with tan jeans and a Bernard.

Really makes me wish someone had done a line of Boardwalk Empire figures, my favourite HBO show.

The face sculpts aren’t super great, but I’m stoked to get anything Westworld beyond Chronicle’s maze prop replica

i see Hopkins and Harrelson there, don't know who those are supposed to be.

Back