ReAction 3 3/4 RoboCop

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Otomofan

Super Freak
Reaction score
Unveiled at Toy Fair were Super7's ReAction RoboCop figures.

Funko Robocop.jpg

Like all ReAction figures, the sculpts are bad. Intentionally bad.

BUT....there's something so ridiculously goofy and charming about them, I kind of want them all.

There's a regular RoboCop. A shot up, battle damaged RoboCop, with with his helmet on. And then there's a clean RoboCop with his helmet off. Seemed like a missed opportunity to put that unmasked head on the trashed body. Obviously, Peter Weller won't get any money cause this thing looks less like him than the old 1988 Kenner figures.

Funko Robocop (6).jpg

There's an in scale ED 209 which actually looks better than I was expecting, but unfortunately the front grill is way too big.

Funko Robocop (2).jpg

Now the fun stuff:

There's a Kinney from the boardroom scene, complete with a GIANT HOLE through the center of his chest!

Funko Robocop (3).jpg

There's a "melting man" version of Emil....perhaps the only time we're ever gonna get that in figure form!

Funko Robocop (5).jpg

And finally, my favorite of all, there's our first, (and I'm willing to bet ONLY, for the rest of recorded history) action figure of BIXBY SNYDER, the star of the hit sitcom "It's Not My Problem" who immortalized his famous catchphrase "I'D BUY THAT FOR A DOLLAR!!!!"

Funko Robocop (4).jpg

These are just so plain goofy and over the top I just might have to get all of them.

(pics pilfered from the Toyark as you can see from the watermarks....thank you Toyark.)

Very cool! Lol I see “breakin” figures in there too haha

I dont collect these lines just because Im at my limit, but I think theyre all super cool. As a kid of the 70’s & early 80’s, they definitely hit that nostalgic spot for me.

While I don't collect these lines I do think they're fun to see in stores and are a good way of keeping these cult classics out in the mainstream public eye.

I think having the same poster image of RoboCop on all the cards is extremely lazy though if those really are the final cards.

I get the idea behind these type of figures, and they seem to be popular, since other companies like Neca, Mezco, and even Hasbro are doing their own versions of retro style figures, but these Reaction figures are sometimes below the quality level of the old toys. I have the Kenner Robocop and that one had an action feature and removable helmet. Hopefully this one has the removable helmet.

i think Robocop's heads too small, the rest looks good for retros.

you guys don't know how much these stuffs cost in Japan.

I get the idea behind these type of figures, and they seem to be popular, since other companies like Neca, Mezco, and even Hasbro are doing their own versions of retro style figures, but these Reaction figures are sometimes below the quality level of the old toys. I have the Kenner Robocop and that one had an action feature and removable helmet. Hopefully this one has the removable helmet.

Looks like a version with the helmet and a version without (and a battle damaged version as well). And it doesn't look at all like the helmet comes off the one figure to become the other, since the one without the helmet actually appears to have a larger head than the one with the helmet.

I think the whole point of these lines is more to do all the classic franchises in the style of the old Kenner Star Wars figures, not necessarily a retro to the franchises original toy lines (if that makes sense lol).

Wow, I may actually buy a couple of these. I'm not normally nuts on these ReAction figures, but I was so desperate for a 3.75" Robocop back in the 80s that I took my GI Joe Sci-Fi figure and painted him up in silver and black to be my stand-in. I suppose that was my first custom figure.

Back