Action Figure Asmus Toys Devil May Cry 3: Dante 1:6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biojex

Super Freak
Reaction score
The optimal altitude for missile deployment
Everything looks great. Two headsculpts is a welcome addition. I think most people - myself included - will find issue with the hair. But enough constructive voices will get them to adjust it

DDCEAE5F-5392-4214-99A0-6CDD181F5AA9.jpeg

07D10803-7221-4AD3-8B4C-7D135599993D.jpeg

Great! Finally a 1/6 DMC3 Dante, long wait for me for this figure.

But i agree headsculpt of that prototype photo looks quite closer to what it should like, new ones look older and with too eagle like nose, it should be more round. But well at least we have this figure finally.

I feel they probably used the design from MvC Infinite. Hopefully it looks better in hand.

For some reason theyre hair is really flat looking, main reason I passed on the first Dante, Vergils hair was ok though, hope they update this one

I'm in the minority I guess but I dig the current heads just fine - the hair doesnt bother me. Overall the prototype looks good, but they have me locked in for this entire series (unless they really **** up something which so far isnt looking likely).

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Yeah. The thing that's throwing it off is the part. Dmc3 Dante doesn't have one. His hair is kind of flat and disheveled in the front.

And if possible, in my humble opinion, to reduce sharpness on lowest part of nose, the spicky down part be rounder and bit wider nose, more like prototype photo, would make him look closer to DMC3 version. Just my opinion.

I agree about the prototype hair being more accurate. Though he did have the front parted a bit not alot but it's there. devil-may-cry-3-dante-s-awakening-ps2-review_1.jpg

But that's the thing do we want artwork or in game looks. Most of the time people complain over a figure that has the artwork look over in game. Personally i don't care if he has the front parted so long as the rest of the hair is accurate to the game. The official sculpts it just looks to flat.

But that's the thing do we want artwork or in game looks. Most of the time people complain over a figure that has the artwork look over in game. Personally i don't care if he has the front parted so long as the rest of the hair is accurate to the game. The official sculpts it just looks to flat.

for me whatever is shown in the cover is the choice. they have 1000 3D models & 100 sketches, i'm pretty sure the ONE they put on cover is the one they want.

for me whatever is shown in the cover is the choice. they have 1000 3D models & 100 sketches, i'm pretty sure the ONE they put on cover is the one they want.
most of the time that's the case but people were complaining about vergil's hair and they used the cover art for the prototype. Though i understand that his look needs to have the small hair on his forehead still not that big of a deal. Hopefully they do fix the hair and go with better sculpt as what is seen looks bad.

I get why a lot of people prefer the earlier grey prototype but it also looks way more like an anime pretty boi and the current one has a stronger masculine jawline that is more in line with how Dante looks in pretty much every other game. I guess I'd prefer him to actually look like the same dude (at different ages) across all of the sculpts they will be doing versus having one of them going all bishōnen and standing out oddly.

If they wanted to change the hair to look like the prototype, that would be cool (though I dig the part) but definitely keep the face the same as is. Maybe they could just do both versions of the hair and have it swappable between the two sculpts? Kind of like what LIMToys is talking about doing with their Red Dead 2 Arthur figure? It would be cool to have both the flat hair from DMC3 and the part like he has in the Marvel vs Capcom appearances.

Back