Need help deciding on next statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Choose One

• Prime 1 Venom

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • XM Venom

Votes: 13 48.1%
  • XM Cyclops

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Prime 1 Cracked Tusk Predator

Votes: 1 3.7%

• Total voters

godzilla2099

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Great time to Be a collector but I can only choose one at the time.

I don't have any XM or Prime 1 Pieces and looking forward to adopting one. So many good choices. Really interested in some opinions, especially from the owners of the Venom Statues. Right now, I'm leaning towards Prime 1 Venom but with a bigger purchase like this I'd like to see if Im missing anything.

Prime 1 Venom:

jh3ms1.jpg

Pros:

Massive
Strong Presence
Detailed Base
Symbiote Intensity
Perfect Spider Logo
Two good portraits

Cons:

Many Pieces
Gaps
High Break chance

XM Venom

$_86.JPG

Pros:

Awesome Pose
Flawless Base
Best McFarlane Head
Alt Portrait sweet
Good Sculpt

Cons:

Expensive.
Not sure it has the same impact as Prime 1

XM Cyclops

cyclops002_1200x1200.jpg

Pros:

Awesome Sculpt
Iconic Pose
Light Up
Costume Detail
Switch-out Torso
Cyclops is my favorite hero

Cons:

Not the biggest fan of the 90s Costume

Prime 1 Cracked Tusk Predator

DjlDG__X0AAXdam.jpg

Pros:

Predator Sculpt Great
Both Portaits Awesome
Intense Pose
Light Ups
Unique Piece

Cons:

Base is too big and plain. Takes up most of the statue

XM venom all day if you are looking for venom. On Prime 1 While venom looks great, everything else just looks entirely too busy and messy. It does not have the shelf presence of something that you look at and recognize right away in my opinion. That is of course Unless you were looking for that specific comic book version look of venom with crazy chaos. Which I don’t relate to venom. The prime 1 comic version doesn’t register to me as “venom”. XM really nails venom better than anything I’ve seen so far. It’s the one I have chosen to own. It’s expensive but worth it. The statue is beyond expectations and XM delivers on every aspect.

None, put your money into savings or buy something for your significant other.

Jfk buy them all. Cyclops looks pretty good

I literally just purchased the XM Venom for $1050. Prime 1 Venom shipped was $1000. I used to lean Prime 1, mainly because I never thought I'd track down an XM Venom. I wasn't even hunting for it, but for ****s just typed XM Venom into eBay and one popped up 2 hours from my house. We negotiated and I drove out there and pick it up. I prefer XM, not only because I now own it, but because the seller had both in his house. The Prime 1 definitely takes up a ton of more space in every dimension. The intricacies are insane. But it's always been too busy for me. And in person, while I liked it better, I found the tendrils on his back to look too plasticy.

I love the simplicity of XM Venom. And I'm glad I found one for so cheap. There's another one on ebay right now for $1,075 plus shipping. It's in Long Island so if you're nearby I'm sure you can do local pickup.

Bottom line, in some rare cases the XM and Prime 1 Venom are basically the same price now. I would never pay $1500 for XM Venom. But if you can find one for a $100-200 difference from Prime 1 Venom, I'd go with XM.

XM Venom. P1 is too cluttered IMO. Not a fan of the proportions either. Something I noticed recently is the tongue is not very well done. Very 'plastic' looking. The drool is cool though.

One thing I find interesting is you say Cyclops is your favorite hero......so maybe you should go that route.

All are impressive pieces.

P1 Venom!!! 1 of the best Statues ever made, the tongue Heads looks absolutely stunning!

As far as the Venom statues goes: if it were me, I'd wait. Neither Venom screams to me as must haves, I'd wait for the inevitable better one. He's a popular character so I'm sure he'll get another Statue treatment down the road. Just my opinion though.

If it we're me I'd take the XM Venom. I love X-Men but hate cyclops.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

XM is winning :lol.....not surprising around here I guess. The P1 is so much nicer IMO.

Back