1/6 DC Collectibles-The Dark Knight Returns-Batman by Frank Miller Designer Series Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

batfan08

Super Freak
Reaction score
I’ve yet to buy any TDKR collectibles because they’ve all seemed more inspired by Miller’s work than actually depicting it. This one will be mine:

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8yNDgvMTI1L29yaWdpbmFsL0RDX0Rlc2lnbmVyX1Nlcmllc19CYXRtYW5fTWlsbGVyLmpwZw==

that's amazing! I wonder what the size is.

I just checked DC Universe and there isn't anything on the store page, I'm wondering if it'll be just through that or wider sales.

Fantastic! This will be glorious if 1/4 but I will buy regardless.

The Designer series is generally 1/6. So since he is hunched over, I would guess about 10 inches plus the base.

A personal grail! This is perfect. Most accurate sculpt to Frank Miller's art from TDKR amongst all the TDKR figures I've seen so far. 1/6 scale, $150. This will definitely be on my shelf :) Great bonus if it scales well next to Kotobukiya's 1/6 TDKR Hunt The Dark Knight Batman vs Joker statue.

Now I really wish that DCC blows up the Silvestri Batman on throne Black and White statue into 1/6 under the DC Designer Series line, that would be another grail for me.

EDIT: For you US folks, BBTS already has this for PO, for a great price. I think Sideshow also carries DCC statues but @ SRP. Apologies if linking to non-affiliate stores isn't allowed on here.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/88249

I know this is scary close to the actual comic splash page/panel, but honestly if this was blown up to 1/3 I personally would never buy it over the Prime 1 variations. Imo sometimes interpretations are best, as somewhat dated 2D comic art doesn’t always translate well in 3D.

But for the price this is going for, it’s more than worth the cash.

A personal grail! This is perfect. Most accurate sculpt to Frank Miller's art from TDKR amongst all the TDKR figures I've seen so far. 1/6 scale, $150. This will definitely be on my shelf :) Great bonus if it scales well next to Kotobukiya's 1/6 TDKR Hunt The Dark Knight Batman vs Joker statue.

Now I really wish that DCC blows up the Silvestri Batman on throne Black and White statue into 1/6 under the DC Designer Series line, that would be another grail for me.

EDIT: For you US folks, BBTS already has this for PO, for a great price. I think Sideshow also carries DCC statues but @ SRP. Apologies if linking to non-affiliate stores isn't allowed on here.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/88249

Pre ordered. Can’t bear BBTS’s price.

I hope the paint turns out good as DC collectibles can be a bit hit or miss. That pic looks perfect though, and would look great at any scale IMO

Miller isn't one of my favourite artists but if he was I'd be getting this

I have every batman theyve made for the DC Designer line and the paint has been awesoke frok my experience

As much as I love the B&W statues I'm always glad when they don't just make them larger. I'll definitely be buying this and having Frank sign the base!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I have the Adam Kubert 12" Batman from this line and the paint's really clean. Had the Capullo Metals Batman too, and the blood and dirt spatter on it is also well-done. I've seen the Mignola Batman, Jim Lee Superman, Neal Adams Superman, and Cho Wonder Woman and they all have very good paint apps too. I think it's safe to say that this line has a very good track record as far as paint app is concerned :)

Anyway, that Jim Lee Nightwing was blown-up from its Black and White version, yeah? I wish they just did the same with that Bermejo 12". I'm not sure about you guys but I'm not digging that pose and the new suit from Damned. The Bermejo Black and White had better pose IMO and is using the classic Bermejo batsuit from Noel.

The pose surely makes him small, but I saw this photo of the Bermejo statue, and we can see that the Miller Batman statue still appears thicker.

Again I wonder how this figure would compare to Kotobukiya's Hunt the Dark Knight statue, though. That one looks huge despite the pose, next to my other 1/6 figures.

Toy-Fair-2019-DC-Collectibles-009.jpg

Back