Hasbro HyperReal Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dukefett

Super Freak
Reaction score
5bb1e967-60cf-4865-977d-23edc37f1f6a_1.9ef4e8077cfab8f7d233bb22d478e801.jpeg

$79.99 price point, not sure of scale yet. Vader, Luke, and Rey are found in Brickseek, but only have a pic of Vader so far.

I for one am excited for this line but I understand the trepidation. I hope we’ll see Luke and Rey tomorrow.

I think these are 8” aren’t they? Edit. Just looked at another site and they had Vader listed at almost 11" tall.

It's mostly being reported as an 8inch line for the sites I've read. A cool idea, but in NO way is an 8" Hasbro Black Series figure worth $80. That price is a joke. Should be $40 or $50 at best. The 12inch Marvel Legends are $50 (Hulk was $80), and they can always be found for far less (I got Thor for $23).

From the photo, I guess we can gather it's a ROTJ Vader with removeable helmet. The tusk gaps give it away. And the overall Mask sculpt is underwhelming. The ANH 40th Anniversry figure Mask sculpt looks far better. And in a smaller 6 inch scale for $20 at that.

I'm always down for a new Vader in an different scale, but that price is laughable. These are already pre-destined for the clearance bin. Vader will be mine at $40. I have no problem waiting. I got the BS Vader Centerpece for $15 ($50), the Speeder Bike & Biker Scout for $10 ($40), the Luke & Landspeeder for $28 ($60) and the Sandtrooper & Dewback for $27 ($60).

It's mostly being reported as an 8inch line for the sites I've read. A cool idea, but in NO way is an 8" Hasbro Black Series figure worth $80. That price is a joke. Should be $40 or $50 at best. The 12inch Marvel Legends are $50 (Hulk was $80), and they can always be found for far less (I got Thor for $23).

From the photo, I guess we can gather it's a ROTJ Vader with removeable helmet. The tusk gaps give it away. And the overall Mask sculpt is underwhelming. The ANH 40th Anniversry figure Mask sculpt looks far better. And in a smaller 6 inch scale for $20 at that.

I'm always down for a new Vader in an different scale, but that price is laughable. These are already pre-destined for the clearance bin. Vader will be mine at $40. I have no problem waiting. I got the BS Vader Centerpece for $15 ($50), the Speeder Bike & Biker Scout for $10 ($40), the Luke & Landspeeder for $28 ($60) and the Sandtrooper & Dewback for $27 ($60).

I don't doubt that this will hit clearance, but this is a better figure than the 12" ML. Those are all plastic. Unless I'm mistaken this Vader has a cloth under suit. There's a definite difference in the molded gloves and the arms. So that's what the premium is for.

I feel like they may have felt stuck. They want a premium line, but they've already got a 6" line going. The should've just made them 6", called them Black Series Deluxes or something and charged $50. Creating a whole new scale that so few figures use was a really bad idea. When the BS launched I remember people scoffing at it from a 1/18 collectoer point of view but at least 1/12 scale was a thing that many lines fell into.

1/10 is almost all statues.

I don't doubt that this will hit clearance, but this is a better figure than the 12" ML. Those are all plastic. Unless I'm mistaken this Vader has a cloth under suit. There's a definite difference in the molded gloves and the arms. So that's what the premium is for.

I feel like they may have felt stuck. They want a premium line, but they've already got a 6" line going. The should've just made them 6", called them Black Series Deluxes or something and charged $50. Creating a whole new scale that so few figures use was a really bad idea. When the BS launched I remember people scoffing at it from a 1/18 collectoer point of view but at least 1/12 scale was a thing that many lines fell into.

1/10 is almost all statues.

If you remember way back, Tomy had The Real Action Star Wars line of 8inch figures in 2007. They were a metal super poseable body with a complete seperate outfit that you would put together, and came with a bunch of accessories. They were more like the Marmit 12" SW figures, but in smaller 8" scale and a metal body rather than plastic. They only ever made Darth Vader & Boba Fett. I believe they retailed for around $100. After years, I managed to snag a brand new unopened Vader on e-bay for $35. I still have never opened it or put him together.

Here is an old listing from HLJ : https://hlj.com/real-action-doll-collection-darth-vader-tmd31140

TOMY_DARTH_VADER.jpg

Now if this Hasbro Hyper Real line were more like this, that would be great and something new and different on the market.

If they were wanting this to be a success they really needed to demonstrate the quality difference. Messing up this badly on the helmet, especially after doing a good job on the Black Series one was a mistake they couldn't make. And the body and cape do not really look all that different from the 40th anniversary Vader. Just slightly nicer paint.

I don't see much improvement over the Elite Series Disney offered not too long ago. Those were roughly 10" to 11" tall, had cloth outfits and only $35 to boot (got both Vader and Kylo Ren for $20 each during a sale). So an $80 price tag for these is insane.

Haha Nice try Hasbro. We already have a Hyper Real Action Figure line. It’s called Hot Toys.

That's another thing working against Hasbro, this product line's name. A bold claim to describe your product if you can't deliver.

Oh, so a slightly bigger Black Series figure for 4 x the price?

No thanks, you can keep it.

Oh, so a slightly bigger Black Series figure for 4 x the price?

No thanks, you can keep it.

Yeah, what the ****? If these had cloth costumes then the price would be a bit more understandable but this is asinine. I’m sure they’ll have a bunch of accessories like extra hands and maybe heads, but no amount is gonna justify the price. What a joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But this Vader does have a fabric outfit under his armor ... and he comes with numerous change-out hands.
Regardless, I still think $80 is a bit ridiculous.

Back