McFarlane Toys gets DC Comics, Movies and games license

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Starting in 2020, McFarlane Toys will begin releasing 6"-12" ultra-posable action figures based on characters from DC's stable of characters from comics, movies, and video games - along with corresponding vehicles and accessories."

Does that mean 1:6 Scale is possible? Or am i just stupid :rotfl

"McFarlane Toys" and "Ultra-posable action figure" in the same sentence?

Maybe they finally decided to step in the 21st century... or maybe they think they already have with their 5 points of articulation (which is better than their "action statues").

"McFarlane Toys" and "Ultra-posable action figure" in the same sentence?

Maybe they finally decided to step in the 21st century... or maybe they think they already have with their 5 points of articulation (which is better than their "action statues").

If you have a few minutes, check out some reviews of their Fortnite Skulltrooper. I personally have one just because of how good a figure it is (I dont play video games so I don't know anything about the property) and it was one my favorite buys of 2018. If these are anything like fortnite, then the excitement I have will have been justified.

If you have a few minutes, check out some reviews of their Fortnite Skulltrooper. I personally have one just because of how good a figure it is (I dont play video games so I don't know anything about the property) and it was one my favorite buys of 2018. If these are anything like fortnite, then the excitement I have will have been justified.

Just watched a review and it does look nice, closer to Marvel Legends.

I was a bit bummed out when i saw the new Game of Thrones line. They look good, but with very limited posability.

Great news....if this was the 90's.

Their figures are outdated trash. Should have been NECA instead.

Oh well, it's only 3 years. Hopefully Mafex makes DC comic figures.

Their Star Trek figures are awesome. I'll get full sets of Harry Potter too and Game of Thrones too. Better choices than NECA the repaint and reuse kings.

I was a bit bummed out when i saw the new Game of Thrones line. They look good, but with very limited posability.

Also for what it's worth, the plastic quality on my figure was very nice. I've had more trouble with recent Hasbro and Mattel stuff (like the Superlex BAF :( )

I am not the biggest DC fan but if I were I would not be getting too excited. I love Mcfarlane's figures but if what they have done with Star Trek is any indication...they will release 89 Batman with 78 Superman and...nothing else...

I want exactly want McFarlane is best known for; highly detailed, limited articulated figures. Basically imagine McFarlane's Classic Comic Covers Spawn figures but with some of the iconic DC Comics covers of the last 80 years.

Just give me classic Batman figures from artists like Adams, Aparo, Rogers, Perez. Bolland, Garcia-Lopez, Breyfogle, Nolan, etc. I want quality figures of Batman in his blue & gray costume with the yellow oval & capsule belt.

Will it happen? Who knows? One can hope considering McFarlane himself broken into the comic industry with his work on Batman in the late 1980s.

Their Star Trek figures are awesome. I'll get full sets of Harry Potter too and Game of Thrones too. Better choices than NECA the repaint and reuse kings.

My bigger issue with NECA would’ve been that I couldn’t see them actually going terribly deep into DC’s character lineup. With McFarlane I can safely assume they’ll do more than Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman and Joker.

The 10th anniversary Spawn figure they did forever ago also had pretty good articulation.

I want exactly want McFarlane is best known for; highly detailed, limited articulated figures. Basically imagine McFarlane's Classic Comic Covers Spawn figures but with some of the iconic DC Comics covers of the last 80 years.

Just give me classic Batman figures from artists like Adams, Aparo, Rogers, Perez. Bolland, Garcia-Lopez, Breyfogle, Nolan, etc. I want quality figures of Batman in his blue & gray costume with the yellow oval & capsule belt.

Will it happen? Who knows? One can hope considering McFarlane himself broken into the comic industry with his work on Batman in the late 1980s.

I like and collected their classic spawn cover figures. Never had an issue with their lack of articulation.

Those figures were like little detailed statues which made a pretty impressive display. It'll be cool to get some DC covers in the same vein.

McFarlane has upped their game recently. Their Fortnite figures are really impressive and their Game of Thrones figures upcoming look promising too. The pricepoint probably won't be too different than the Mattel ones now, so I'm cautiously excited. Especially if they give us a mix of classic and current costuming in their lines similar to the way Mattel has been doing it could be nice.

This is way better news than I thought we were going to get - especially since it seems like they’ll be continuing the Multiverse line in Mattel’s stead, and not starting from scratch, similar to what Super7 did for Mattel with their Masters of the Universe Classics line.

McFarlane has put out some fantastic figures recently. I don’t own any of their Fortnite figures, but they do look high quality for $20 Wal-Mart toys as The Mike said. I am concerned about the actual rate of releases we’ll get from McFarlane though; they seem to be a bit slow with producing figures, unless it’s for Stranger Things.

But yeah, overall I’m happy with this change. I’m still a little saddened since it seemed like Mattel had finally started to care and get the Multiverse line on track, focusing more on articulation, good paint applications, and desired characters - comic and live action, but such improvements came way too late.

When I think of McFarlane toys I think of ugly, useless articulation and sloppy paint apps. Can't really get excited about this.

Less posabilty = better looking figures. I am more concerned with with their slow release of figures and repeated releases of the main characters while ignoring the rest of the supporting cast. They will probably release several jokers and Batman while ignoring most characters.

Back