McFarlane Harry Potter license

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny Utah

I learned to hate you in the last 10 years
CF Supporter
Reaction score

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1549894373135.jpg
    FB_IMG_1549894373135.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 269
Last edited:
Interested, but I fear it’s going to be like the NECA line considering how they’ve handled other licenses. I’m hoping that there’s more life in the figuarts line.

I'm hoping for 4 figure waves. Not too confident given they have only put out 2 Trek figures in 2 years.

Yeah that's quite pathetic considering the magnitude of the Star Trek license. I wouldn't be able to get excited by this announcement were I interested in Harry Potter.

Yeah that's quite pathetic considering the magnitude of the Star Trek license. I wouldn't be able to get excited by this announcement were I interested in Harry Potter.

Yep...every time I stare at lonely Kirk and Picard on my shelf without even a hint of anything else being on the way I think of all of the other Star Trek shows and movies begging to have figures and wonder why McFarlane Toys took the license...Todd McFarlane gave an interview and said that Buckbeak the Hippogriff will be the first figure so I hope all of the Potter fans love that creature because it will be on their shelves all alone without Harry or Hermione or any of the main characters for a LOOONG time.

Definitely excited & intrigued to see what comes with this. I'm really hoping that the trio is from Prisoner of Azkaban given that they are releasing a Buckbeak too with this wave. That would be an instant buy of anything from year 3. I'm sure there are going to be a lot of new Potter things announced this weekend so I'm excited to see what all is coming out this year.

Edit - Just saw the post above, if it wasn't going to be POA and did some searching around. I was hoping for some year 3 but my second choice would be Deathly Hallows since there were only a handful of figures from those movies released in specific territories. Still super stoked about this, I just hope they get to many different characters in the line.

Let me guess, another boring run of yet ANOTHER year 1 line of figures.

EVERYONE makes these, i wish someone would have enough sense to give collectors something new, like year 7 figures.

The Noble prop replica stuff is some of the best Potter stuff out there. Gentle Giant had a nice mini bust line as well although some of the likenesses were spotty and some great. Not sure a plastic figure line will do that well at this point. It's a shame Potter never got the PF treatment. The GG Gallery collection wasn't good and was discontinued after just two pieces.

This isn't my scale at all, but I'll be curious with how these turn out and how many they make.

Let me guess, another boring run of yet ANOTHER year 1 line of figures.

EVERYONE makes these, i wish someone would have enough sense to give collectors something new, like year 7 figures.

The press release says that the Trio & Voldemort are depicted in Deathly Hallows attire actually :)

I'm actually pretty excited about this. McFarlane will probably go in depth a lot further than SH Figuarts and at a $25 pricepoint (estimating) it'll be nice to have a good collection. Their Fortnite figures are really well done and I bought more of them than I thought I would so something like this could be really impressive. I know people are tired of Year One but I hope they start there because having a Harry/Hermione/Ron/Draco progression from Year One to Year Seven would be awesome on the shelves.

Well, all press releases seem to point to them starting at Year 7, so they would have to roll backwards from there.
I can see them killing characters like Mad Eye Moody and Sirius Black. Cannot wait to see the prototypes this weekend!

My feelings on these keep turning more positive. After all, the Harry Potter license isn't getting much love in the action figure dept. so beggars can't be choosers. If their figures look good at Toy Fair, I'll likely put in a pre-order when those go live. I just really hope that the articulation is exactly like their Fortnight line, and not the Stranger Things line. If it's like Stranger Things, I'll probably pass unless the final product looks good.

Back