1/6 Speculation: Star Wars Episode IX Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm... based on that list at least I think I'm passing. What the **** does it take to design a cool looking alien or droid these days? That Spy Vs Spy + circus clown unicycle droid...:slap

For me the only decent looking "new" ones are K (which appears to be the exact outfit from 1990's "The Mummy") and L (which appears to be YakFace.)

Hmm... based on that list at least I think I'm passing. What the **** does it take to design a cool looking alien or droid these days? That Spy Vs Spy + circus clown unicycle droid...:slap

For me the only decent looking "new" ones are K (which appears to be the exact outfit from 1990's "The Mummy") and L (which appears to be YakFace.)

I'm a huge sucker for Kylo Ren. I sold my Rey figure awhile back. If HT can nail that sculpt I'd probably get the two of them. I agree that the droid looks stupid.

I really like Rey and Poe's new outfits (and Finn's, which we saw previously), but the others aren't interesting me. And kinda strange to see Billy Dee Williams in pretty much the same outfit Donald Glover wore in Solo.

Hmm. I do like that Rey look better than her TLJ outfit. Though, I'm curious if she'll have any other layers. Kylo basically looks exactly the same as TLJ with a hood added to the cape. I guess that'll be nice for anyone that has a TLJ figure, as they could just buy the new cloak w hood for a IX Kylo lol. Poe looks sick IMO.

Also Rey is the only one of the named characters that specifies the outfit "Rey wearing white", so I wonder if she has more than one outfit in the movie.

I mean Poe? He’s the only main character still alive we do not have yet?

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

I was going to pass on Episode IX figures anyway, but if the majority of these designs turn out to be the case, that just makes it even easier. They’re not poor, but I definitely like TFA and TLJ outfits better. Rey, for instance. I’m glad to see Kylo apparently has his helmet again though.

I just had a horrific thought.
What if we get an old lando figure before an ot lando?

Yeah, even though I’m glad he’s in the film, I’d have no interest in an old Lando figure. A caped Bespin Lando would satisfy my Lando fix nicely.

I was gonna say Rick O’Connell from THE MUMMY.

That too!

I find that design just too common of an "adventure" outfit for this generation. Wish they based it off something more iconic and mythic like Han's 'gunslinger' look. But like most things, they really put very little thought into their designs... or they just don't hire truly talented people.

Part of me was hoping they would put Rey in a very different kind of outfit this time (much like we saw with Luke during the OT), but I can see why they'd want to stick with the basic Jakku look since it works well on her. And I'm glad they at least got rid of the long hair.

For all we know, that could be her outfit in the very end of the film, when she's all white and good getting her medals. Or perhaps its her slave outfit from the sex farm sequence.

Perhaps her main outfit in the film is still hidden.

Some of those look kinda cool, but its hard to judge based on warped concept pics. Gotta see them onscreen before I form a real opinion.

For all we know, that could be her outfit in the very end of the film, when she's all white and good getting her medals. Or perhaps its her slave outfit from the sex farm sequence.

Perhaps her main outfit in the film is still hidden.
Can't wait for that sequence.
f135fc3e4eaa46fb7a98b9d0786d09f6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Back