Suicide Squad 2 to be directed by James Gunn

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Popnfresh98

Super Freak
Reaction score
He was already writing, but he’s stepped up to the directors plate as well now, THR reports

The pic has the title of The Suicide Squad and is not being labeled a direct sequel but as a relaunch. The 2016 original movie featured the characters Deadshot, Harley Quinn, the Joker, Captain Boomerang and Killer Croc, who are forced into the service of the government in exchange for lighter prison sentences.

Sources say that Gunn’s focus is to take the franchise in a new direction with a mostly all-new cast of characters and actors. Sources also say that the project is also very much rooted in Gunn’s vibe, as seen in the Guardians movies.

So I’m guessing we’ll only see Harley and Deadshot again?

And I guess WB cares less about pedophilia jokes than Disney does :lol

I hope they defeat Letoker by bringing up his old tweets with insensitive jokes. Joker gets CANCELLED.

I also hope Dave Bautista is in this.

We all knew Gunn was going to end up directing it.

I reckon we will get a brand new cast in this movie with no Harley Quinn. We will get her in 3 upcoming movies so we will get our Harley fix.

This is all part of Feige's master plan. Disney pretends to fire Gunn, he signs on to direct the next Suicide Squad, and completes the total and utter toppling of the DCEU from within. He then comes back to Marvel Studios and works on Guardians 3. Makes perfect sense.

Disney will never go back on themselves though. As soon as Gunn was fired there was no chance of him ever being welcomed back, even with the cast of GotG rooting for him.

Gunn will save the DCEU.

Once Disney buys DC, we'll have Superman and Batman in a Civil War with Cap and Iron Man soon enough. By that time, RDJ will de begging to play Iron Man again for his big bucks.

f3c.gif

Good on WB for taking the risk with him, he's a good director and it may well pay off. I don't condone his tweets from years ago but it's clear he isn't the same person now, and all the gotg actors wanted him back. Disney f-d up imo

I hope they defeat Letoker by bringing up his old tweets with insensitive jokes. Joker gets CANCELLED.

I also hope Dave Bautista is in this.

I would love for this to be the actual way it goes down :lol

I recall Leto saying that he based part of his Joker on cartel gangsters who post shots of their crazy rich pads, cars, planes, jewelry and tats on Instagram and other social media. So I could easily see his edgelord joker doing the same.

And given all the inappropriate stuff he did to prepare for the role.. Inappropriate tweets sounds right up this joker’s alley

Guardians of the Suicide Squad incoming. I totally agree that Gunn is a talented filmmaker but pulling him to direct the pseudo DC equivalent to GOTG seems like it'll always have that hanging over it's head no matter how good it is. Let's be honest, SS felt like a KO Guardians in many regards. What could go wrong if we just get the guy who put Guardians on the modern map?

Back