Check your accounts - sideshow site is having difficulty.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jgama25

Super Freak
Reaction score
Mods I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this so if not I apologize and please feel free to delete.

That being said I thought I would let you guys know that this morning I received 5 emails from sideshow showing different customers orders that weren't mine. I called their Customer Service and they apologized for the mix up and it is known issue that has occurred due to the update to the site. They assured me that my account did not make those purchases. But I would recommend you double check anyway. Likewise the site says all existing users need to update their password if they haven't done so already, but the email reset email is taking longer than usual. They also said to check your spam just in case.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Mods I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this so if not I apologize and please feel free to delete.

That being said I thought I would let you guys know that this morning I received 5 emails from sideshow showing different customers orders that weren't mine. I called their Customer Service and they apologized for the mix up and it is known issue that has occurred due to the update to the site. They assured me that my account did not make those purchases. But I would recommend you double check anyway. Likewise the site says all existing users need to update their password if they haven't done so already, but the email reset email is taking longer than usual. They also said to check your spam just in case.

I appreciate it - didn't know it was that bad.

Edit: Had to e-mail Sideshow - getting payment notifications but password reset e-mail isn't coming through. :(

No problem. I was on hold for about 10 min before I got through to someone on CS. I could tell by the tone on their voice it had effected more people than they anticipated. In the end though everything in my account was fine. I feel for them as I'd imagine it will be a tough day answering calls.

:horror :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :pray: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic:

Parts of the site are a real mess. invalid pages and certificates, server timeouts, broken css/html, vanishing reward points (on my account pending rewards for anything that has shipped but hasn't hit the 40 day mark have completely disappeared, only pending rewards for unshipped items are there), plus that has to be one of the most dubious password reset procedures I've seen in a while. Hopefully they get everything sorted sooner rather than later... :stick

I appreciate it - didn't know it was that bad.

Edit: Had to e-mail Sideshow - getting payment notifications but password reset e-mail isn't coming through. :(
I still haven't gotten my reset email and its been over an hour. I figure I'll wait awhile and then try again.

I reset my password but it didn’t take, it keeps asking me to reset.

Congrats to Jamie for ordering Deadpool though, I have gotten several order conformations sent to me from their account.

I have had no luck getting my password reset since 8am this morning

Still waiting for the reset email (nothing in Spam).

I'll look again tomorrow or call Sideshow, 'coz they are supposed to charge me tomorrow - and their site is all messed up. Whoever did the web job should be fired and work overnight to clean up the mess. Or just put back the old site.:mad:

This sucks. I had a really great day on the Market today. Was gonna treat myself to the Grey Hulk life-size bust but I'm afraid to order it from the site with all this going on. Hopefully they fix the site and he's still available.:gah:

Seems like it was a website upgrade gone wrong. You can see there are some GUI updates. Hope they have all of the old info backed up.

Or they were hacked....

The new corporate line when they have been hacked is to not admit it and blame it on “software updates”

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

The site was down most of the day yesterday for maintenance. They redesigned it. I was able to reset my password last night. I checked my account and all the details were correct, but several pages loaded very slowly or incompletely. Based on everyone else's comments, I think I'll just avoid it for the time being...

Back