1/6 G.I. Joe Classic Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Skull

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey guys, I know the classic collection line of GIjOE is not all that popular, but it was a fun line that gave us many interesting figures, it went from classic soldiers and later moved into ARAH line with valor vs venom, spy troops, adventures of GI joe and even some movie figures.

Anyway I thought it would be cool to have a thread to talk about these figures, post your collections, photos, and talk Joe.

It was a decent line for the time, with some gems hidden among all the figures issued. I still use pieces like the SMAW and some of the Weapons Tech pieces in some of my customs, as well as boots and super articulated bodies. The figures themselves are the equivalence of a radioactive cockroach; it takes an awful lot of effort to break or destroy them.

Three of my favorite sets ever are from this line: Secret of Planet Xenome, Secret of the Mummy’s Tomb remake and Secret of the Savage Swamp, Gi Jane version.
They’re the definition of adventure, anywhere in the world and beyond, and are sets I still cherish.

It was a decent line for the time, with some gems hidden among all the figures issued. I still use pieces like the SMAW and some of the Weapons Tech pieces in some of my customs, as well as boots and super articulated bodies. The figures themselves are the equivalence of a radioactive cockroach; it takes an awful lot of effort to break or destroy them.

Yeah those super articulated figures were nice, not to common though, like you said some were really good, some not so much.

Three of my favorite sets ever are from this line: Secret of Planet Xenome, Secret of the Mummy’s Tomb remake and Secret of the Savage Swamp, Gi Jane version.
They’re the definition of adventure, anywhere in the world and beyond, and are sets I still cherish.

Yeah the AT stuff was super fun, I picked up the Rescue the pygmy gorilla set a week ago myself, I've been restoring the 70s figures for a year or so now so now I'm moving on to these.

Back