BATMAN 89 or BATMAN 92?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tourist

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'd like to add a Keaton Batman to my collection but cannot decide which one.
Both the DX09 and the MMS 293 look really nice which makes for a difficult choice.
I prefer the more streamlined cowl and silhouette of the MMS 293 but I like the DX09 "muscle body" better.

I thought I'd ask which one you guys prefer and see if it helps me decide.

89 with custom cape and then get the Joker as well. It will be your new favorite shelf.

89 with custom cape and then get the Joker as well. It will be your new favorite shelf.

I am not thinking about getting a custom cape at this point.
Based on the many reviews I've seen for both figures it seems that with some futzing both capes can work nicely, even the thicker DX09 one.

I'd like to add a Keaton Batman to my collection but cannot decide which one.
Both the DX09 and the MMS 293 look really nice which makes for a difficult choice.
I prefer the more streamlined cowl and silhouette of the MMS 293 but I like the DX09 "muscle body" better.

I thought I'd ask which one you guys prefer and see if it helps me decide.

Get both.

Seriously. Get both, compare the two in person, then decide which one you like better and sell the other. Both have their pluses and negatives.

Get both.

Seriously. Get both, compare the two in person, then decide which one you like better and sell the other. Both have their pluses and negatives.

Not an option at this point, maybe down the line.
This is a tough one.

89 is more classic, but the 92 suit is more sleek and and refined. The 89 suit is kind of crude in comparison.

Based on the many reviews I've seen for both figures it seems that with some futzing both capes can work nicely, even the thicker DX09 one.

I've never had the 89 Batman so can't speak for that one but the stock cape with the Returns Batman is awful. I found a custom cape to be a must. Jaxon's cape is very reasonably priced to.

I pulled the trigger on the DX09.
I had a relatively good deal on it and I figure it will be harder to find at a "decent" price down the road than the 92 version.

The only question now is how long I can resist buying the other one?
Must.... resist.....

Personally I would go with 89. I don't have the 92 but I always liked the first version better. The 92 with the ripped cowl is a nice display but I'm happy with what I've got.

When I started this thread I thought I would get the 92 but ended up with the 89 and I cannot wait to have it in hand.
Clearly the majority here agrees with that choice.
Not that there was any possible wrong choice of course, both look spectacular.

Oh yeah the 89 cape can look good with a lot of futzing. Just take your time with those folds - Sleep on it if you have too.

Would love to see the results.

I pulled the trigger on the DX09.
I had a relatively good deal on it and I figure it will be harder to find at a "decent" price down the road than the 92 version.

The only question now is how long I can resist buying the other one?
Must.... resist.....

Resistance is futile:)

DFDE23F6-96EF-497C-83C1-AEF1320F9072.jpeg6CC6E944-8BD5-40DE-8A22-AF7E4E905099.jpg

DX 09:

+ better face plates

+ gauntlets are less fragile

+ slightly better cape

+ with the DX08 there is a foe to go with him

MMS 293:

+ cowl is more movie accurate in comparison to DX09

+ PERS works much better

+ base is cooler

+ color of the belt looks better (still too yellow though)

I, for one, sold my DX09 for the MMS293 as I prefer Batman Returns (the movie as well as the suit) , and I still have the NECA Batman + custom cape as 89 representation. But that's just me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Back