Action Figure Redman - "The Last of Us" - Ellie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Asta

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
These are rough and ready photos straight from the box:

46179274734_c77e753c96_o.jpg

45989647025_43394ef60f_o.jpg

100_8341.JPG

100_8342.JPG

100_8343.JPG

The neck is obviously too long.

100_8346.JPG

It's tight on the ball joint, but after dunking her in a mug of boiling water the neck popped off.

It's soft enough to cut with a craft knife:

100_8347.JPG

After which you need to open up the new hole to fit the ball joint on the body.

Here she is after the neck surgery:

100_8349.JPG

100_8355.JPG

I don't know if it's still too long, but Redman might've done this so it'd look better while wearing the hoodie. I think the neck will sit down a little bit more when the hole is opened further,

Ellie is a teenager, not a child. They should make the body taller, she's just a little bit over Joel's shoulders. I hope CC Toys do better

Ellie is a teenager, not a child. They should make the body taller, she's just a little bit over Joel's shoulders. I hope CC Toys do better

Not having any connection with the game apart from watching a complete video play through (which was a pretty good movie in its own right), her height was never an issue for me. I was always buying her to add variety to my collection of zombie apocalypse survivors.

It's the same when I buy SW Ourworld's Resident Evil figures. I've never played the game, but they fit into one or two parts of my one sixth world.

She's 9" tall, which would make her 4' 6".

The shortened neck is now fully seated on the body's ball joint:

100_8356.JPG

If it's too short now, then it's a simple fix by putting white tack above the cup that slots inside the head.

Redman can be hit or miss, but I'm pleased with the clothing, sculpt and paintwork.

Have any pics without the jacket?

No, I forgot to take any. I took the jacket and the shirts off twice while getting the shortened neck refitted, but still forgot.

She's wearing a long sleeved black top under the T-shirt. I've been sorting out Mathilda since and haven't progressed any further with Ellie.

Now with her backpack on.

I only noticed afterwards that the leg of her jeans was caught behind her shoe. I put it right but the photos I was taking after that were even worse, with the flash killing the detail. So this is as good as she's getting tonight.

39944938543_311e63d12b_o.jpg

Those are her other weapons. The only other variables are the odd plastic hair, and the red hoodie. I tried he hoodie on but it was red on red, while the green jacket adds more contrast.

Okay... one more, with her unflappable friend, Phoebe:

33034713778_547ae07c0d_o.jpg

Hhhhhmmm I'm still not sold, I'll keep waiting on the CCToys version.

Hope they do make her as little Ellie wants a big sister. :wink1:

Haha, yeah redman looks too freaking small, the sculpt isn't all there either but I can't blame them for that, no one has really made a perfect Ellie or Joel sculpt, only CCToys has come close to capturing it. I am glad to see they give you the options for real or plastic hair tho.

Haha, yeah redman looks too freaking small, the sculpt isn't all there either but I can't blame them for that, no one has really made a perfect Ellie or Joel sculpt, only CCToys has come close to capturing it. I am glad to see they give you the options for real or plastic hair tho.

When I opened the box and saw how tall the plastic hair was I was immediately considering what I could do to make it look presentable. Then there was the nice surprise of discovering the 'real' hair wig. Problem solved! :lol

Expressions on female sculpts are fairly rare as most companies prefer to play it safe with something more neutral. So I applaud Redman for being bold. It may be an acquired taste, but it's what the Facepool company has been doing with their happy/sad/angry/shocked etc range of heads.

Being undersized/too young for the character was never an issue for me, as I wrote above, because I looked at the figure as an opportunity to add more variety to the collection.

Ranging in height I have Asmus' two little X23s, then Redman's Mathilda (and Ellie, of course), then the taller CGL John Connor and Carl Grimes, and Medicom's two Hit-Girls. I also managed to make a teen character from a Disney Jyn Erso body and SW Ourworld's (undersized) Lara Croft 2.0 sculpt.

Looking forward to a properly scaled Ellen Page lookalike from CC Toys. :)

Back