BOOM! Studios' Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chapter 2099

Super Freak
Reaction score
Did anyone pick of Issue #1?

I think it's a good entry into a new series. I wasn't thrilled with what Dark Horse did with the name, but I have all of the confidence in Boom! Their MMPR is arguably perfection, IMO.

*SPOILERS*

I like the liberties they're taking (ie. Anya's intro, Dru being this season's Big Bad presumably).

Oh man, just found this out by reading this and did some research. Although I'm not entirely caught up on the Buffy/Angel comics from Dark horse (I've been midway through season 9 + Angel and Faith for ages), it had always been my plan to catch up and continue. I liked how it was going.
To hear Boom has the license has broken my heart. I actually hate what they've done to MMPR. Its pure fan-fiction and I suspect from what I've read that it being an alternate story to the original that it will aim to do the same with Buffy.

So they've just rebooted the whole series back to high school, but set in the present day? Oh and they've basically erased the Buffy/Angel romance as his comic is already set in LA from the beginning?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Oh man, just found this out by reading this and did some research. Although I'm not entirely caught up on the Buffy/Angel comics from Dark horse (I've been midway through season 9 + Angel and Faith for ages), it had always been my plan to catch up and continue. I liked how it was going.
To hear Boom has the license has broken my heart. I actually hate what they've done to MMPR. Its pure fan-fiction and I suspect from what I've read that it being an alternate story to the original that it will aim to do the same with Buffy.

Man, I'm sorry to hear that. I could not disagree more about Boom. I think what they've done with MMPR is the best thing to happen to that franchise in years. I absolutely love the run, along with Go Go. Beyond the Grid has been slow, but they'll change with Issue #40.

As for Buffy, I'm really liking it so far. Angel #0 was meh, but hoping the first issue will bounce back.

I like the reimagining of everything, just like they did with MMPR.

So they've just rebooted the whole series back to high school, but set in the present day? Oh and they've basically erased the Buffy/Angel romance as his comic is already set in LA from the beginning?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yeah, it's a reboot in present day. Exactly.

The Buffy/Angel romance hasn't started....yet. It may not, but I'm sure it will. They just introduced him last issue.

Okay, just got these for my Mum last week for Christmas. I gave her the first collected issue the day I got it because I was so excited. She is getting the second collected issue tomorrow obviously.

But yeah, I gave her the early gift so I could read it. So, so, so good!

Now, let's get some cool company to make figures of this so I can have modern ones to go with all my old Buffy stuff.

In love!

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

Back