Statue Tweeterhead: Superpowers Green Lantern

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grphyx1

Super Freak
Reaction score
Pre-Order January 31, 2019.

50532324_2168310326564129_663845306504314880_n.jpg

50151400_2159827557412406_248065182029316096_n.jpg

THHal-Jordanback.jpg

It might only be the lighting that they used, but imo that is the best representation of a lantern construct that I’ve ever seen on any statue.

This is 1/4 scale correct? If so, I'm definitely getting this, finally a GL statue that I dig.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Looks good. Concept art from XM looked great but it must be remembered that the price would be at least 50% on top. 3C9FBAD2-422F-4A04-BAB6-201F3C61B6B9.jpeg

Green lantern is absolutely one of my favourite characters and this is looking fab.

As cool as that XM is, it's just too big and the base overwhelms GL (IMO). Also, I prefer the translucent quality of the TH GL base to the XM. No matter which you buy, you will be happy though.

As cool as that XM is, it's just too big and the base overwhelms GL (IMO). Also, I prefer the translucent quality of the TH GL base to the XM. No matter which you buy, you will be happy though.

Yeah, I agree. I prefer the less is more Tweeterhead bases personally. This is a piece where the EX is irrelevant to me. I'm not a fan of the ammo belt going from his ring to the construct. Props to Tweeter for giving us an option of displaying Hal without it.

I'm on the flipside of the coin, I like intricate and big bases, it helps the statue tell a story... I was disappointed TH went with such a simple base design on Superman, especially after the bases they had with Joker & Harley.. That said, this base for GL looks good...

I'm on the flipside of the coin, I like intricate and big bases, it helps the statue tell a story... I was disappointed TH went with such a simple base design on Superman, especially after the bases they had with Joker & Harley.. That said, this base for GL looks good...

I completely understand your disappointment with the Tweeter Supes base. That said, GL, Joker, Harley, and most other bases in the Super Powers line are spot on IMO. For example, I much prefer the Tweeter Joker over the XM Joker in all aspects. The portraits, pose, and base on the Tweeter Joker are far better than the XM Joker for me personally. The XM Joker has a very large and elaborate base but it doesn't work for me. While the Tweeter base is smaller, it still hits all the right notes and looks fantastic without being excessive and it's also far less expensive. That's a win-win in my book. But hey, in the end it all boils down to what we like on an individual basis.

Yeah, I agree. I prefer the less is more Tweeterhead bases personally. This is a piece where the EX is irrelevant to me. I'm not a fan of the ammo belt going from his ring to the construct. Props to Tweeter for giving us an option of displaying Hal without it.

I suppose Hal’s ring doesn’t have to connect to every construct all the time. After it’s made, he could step to the side of it without contact?

I completely understand your disappointment with the Tweeter Supes base. That said, GL, Joker, Harley, and most other bases in the Super Powers line are spot on IMO. For example, I much prefer the Tweeter Joker over the XM Joker in all aspects. The portraits, pose, and base on the Tweeter Joker are far better than the XM Joker for me personally. The XM Joker has a very large and elaborate base but it doesn't work for me. While the Tweeter base is smaller, it still hits all the right notes and looks fantastic without being excessive and it's also far less expensive. That's a win-win in my book. But hey, in the end it all boils down to what we like on an individual basis.

I agree about XM Joker until I saw XM's Harley with the dogs that is a companion piece to Joker statue, together they make a killer display... Now I'm liking XM Joker a lot more... That said TH Joker is still amazing...

To me, the biggest difference between XM and TH is the look of the statue, XM is more realistic where as TH is more comic book in appearance... ultimately that just comes down to personal preference with collectors but I tend to lean more towards the realistic look...

Even though XM is more expensive you do get more elaborate and detailed base plus more switch out parts for the extra money.... Although I will say TH did offer a lot of switch out parts for WW but at the cost of a ugly seam on the neck line... :(

I suppose Hal’s ring doesn’t have to connect to every construct all the time. After it’s made, he could step to the side of it without contact?

In comics, it boils down to artistic license. Some artists like to draw the construct connected to the ring, some don't. I don't really care what they do in the books but as a statue, I think it just looks better when the construct isn't connected to the ring.

I agree about XM Joker until I saw XM's Harley with the dogs that is a companion piece to Joker statue, together that make a killer display... Now I'm liking XM Joker a lot more... That said TH Joker is still amazing...

To me, the biggest difference between XM and TH is the look of the statue, XM is more realistic where as TH is more comic book in appearance... ultimately that just comes down to personal preference with collectors but I tend to lean more towards the realistic look...

Even though XM is more expensive you do get more elaborate and detailed base plus more switch out parts for the extra money.... Although I will say TH did offer a lot of switch out parts for WW but at the cost of a ugly seam on the neck line... :(

Yeah, hopefully Tweeter learned from the neck seam on their WW and we won't see another statue with that issue again. As for XM's 1/6 pieces, I do think some of them look great. However, I can't bring myself to spend that kind of money on an XM statue just because the bases are bigger. When you add on the outrageous shipping costs for XM statues as well.... it's Tweeter pieces by a mile for my collection. They help me save display space and money. Both of those are a plus for me.

Back