2019 Oscar Nominations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Best Picture

BLACK PANTHER
BLACKKKLANSMAN
BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY
THE FAVOURITE
GREEN BOOK
ROMA
A STAR IS BORN
VICE

Directing

Alfonso Cuaron, ROMA
Spike Lee, BLACKKKLANSMAN
Yorgos Lanthimos, THE FAVOURTIE
Adam McKay, VICE
Pawel Pawlikowski, COLD WAR

Actor In A Leading Role

Bradley Cooper, A STAR IS BORN
Rami Malek, BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY
Christian Bale, VICE,
Viggo Mortensen, GREEN BOOK
Willem Dafoe, AT ETERNITY'S GATE

Actress In A Leading Role

Glenn Close, THE WIFE
Lady Gaga, A STAR IS BORN
Olivia Colman, THE FAVOURITE
Melissa McCarthy, CAN YOU EVER FORGIVE ME?
Yalitza Aparicio, ROMA

Actor In A Supporting Role

Mahershala Ali, GREEN BOOK
Richard E. Grant, CAN YOU EVER FORGIVE ME?
Sam Elliott, A STAR IS BORN
Adam Driver, BLACKKKLANSMAN
Sam Rockwell, Vice

Actress In A Supporting Role

Regina King, IF BEALE STREET COULD TALK
Amy Adams, VICE
Emma Stone, THE FAVOURITE
Rachel Weisz, THE FAVOURITE
Marina de Tavira, ROMA

Adapted Screenplay

Ballad of Buster Scruggs
BlacKkKlansman
Can You Ever Forgive Me?
If Beale Street Could Talk
A Star is Born

Original Screenplay

The Favourite
First Reformed
Green Book
Roma
Vice

Costume Design

Black Panther
The Favourite
Buster Scruggs
Mary Poppins
Mary Queen of Scots

Film Editing
BlacKkKlansman
Bohemian Rhapsody
The Favourite
Green Book
Vice

Original Score
Black Panther
If Beale Street Could Talk
Isle of Dogs
Mary Poppins Returns
BlacKkKlansman

Animated Short Film
Animal Behavior
Bao
Late Afternoon
One Small Step
Weekends

Live-Action Short Film
Detainment
Fauve
Marguerite
Mother
Skin

Sound Editing
Black Panther
Bohemian Rhapsody
First Man
A Quiet place
Roma

Sound Mixing
Black Panther
Bohemian Rhapsody
First Man
Roma
A Star is Born

Animated Feature Film
Incredibles 2
Isle of Dogs
Mirai
Ralph Breaks the Internet
Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse

Cinematography
Cold War
The Favourite
Never Look Away
Roma
A Star is Born

Documentary Feature
Free Solo
Hale County This Morning, This Evening
Minding the Gap
Of Fathers and Sons
RBG

Documentary Short Subject
Black Sheep
End Game
Life Boat
A Night at the Garden
Period. End of Sentence

Foreign-Language Film
Capernaum
Cold War
Never Look Away
Roma
Shoplifters

Makeup And Hairstyling
Border
Mary Queen of Scots
Vice

Visual Effects
Avengers: Infinity War
Christopher Robin
First Man
Ready Player One
Solo: A Star Wars Story

Original Song
All the Stars, Black Panther
I'll Fight, RBG
The Place Where Lost Things Go, MARY POPPINS RETURNS
Shallow, A STAR IS BORN
When Cowboy Trades His Spurs for Wings, Buster Scruggs

Production Design
Black Panther
The Favourite
First Man
Mary Poppins Returns
Roma

That's a lot nominations for Black Panther.

Poor jye must be shaking in anger. :lol

That's a lot nominations for Black Panther.

Poor jye must be shaking in anger. :lol

Hell, Days of Future Past and Logan could have been nominated first if we're talking quality. Don't get me wrong, BP is one of my favorite superhero origin films, but in no way did I think it was Oscar worthy. It's clear that they nominated it for other reason which have nothing to do with the actual quality. It's like some kind of affirmative action for a movie. :chase

Thank God BP didn't get a Visual Effects nomination. Even the Academy recognizes that it failed as a spectacle and is simply nominating it for it's identity politics.

Hopefully BP comes up empty and IW ends up being the first MCU flick to win an Oscar.

Yeah, BP was good, but is no more deserving of an Oscar than most other MCU movies.

Great for the MCU that it got nominated for the biggest award but pretty ridiculous aswell considering it wasn't even the best MCU movie this year. It shouldn't win.

Great for the MCU that it got nominated for the biggest award but pretty ridiculous aswell considering it wasn't even the best MCU movie this year. It shouldn't win.

It won’t..90% goes to the GG winner..expect Boheamian to take the crown :lecture

Of the other best picture nominees that I've seen - Bohemian Rhapsody, Green Book, Blackkklansman and The Favourite - I think I'd go for Bohemian myself, I'm a sucker for good biopics like that.

Take that u whitewashers! Just goes to show the scenes w. murky lighting, rubber CGI and other issues are nothing compared to Will Smith boycotting the ceremony!

Gave up on these awards a while ago.

Yeah not sure BP should be in there (but I also think Bohemian Rhapsody shouldn’t be either). It’s an ok film but it wasn’t wholly original and the messages were heavy handed and clumsily made. I thought he was better in Civil War than his own film.
But I guess the Oscars are damned if they do damned if they don’t.
It’s good they are acknowledging more mainstream films rather than the constant stream of films about families eating dinner in awkward silence at a table or black and white french films that depicts an older woman smoking in bed while she cuddles a young lover who just stares at her (again in awkward silence).
If it wins then I will eat my Hot Toys Civil War Black Panther figure.

I think it was put in there to shut some very loud hollywood types up. They have no belief it will win, a false bid so to speak.
“Look it’s in there, now shut da f- up so we can talk about the real films in the list”

Black Panther is not an Oscar winning Best Picture film. It wasn't even the best Marvel film. It's all about the politics. We're living in a time where everything now has to be culturally sensitive. It's not based on merit, but how will it make everyone feel. The only other film I saw was Bohemian Rhapsody. It was a much better film, but also about as accurate as Black Panther. ;) I thought Malek's performance as Mercury was very well done. (Let's be honest, those were some pretty big shoes to fill) Overall though, I don't care who wins what. I watch movies for the entertainment. The awards shows are now all just another place for "celebrities" to expound their political beliefs. It's not about the performances anymore.

Back