King Théoden Statue Finished (with step by step pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClassicMonsters

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
hello,

repainted this theoden statue from sideshow/weta.

theoden_00.jpg

theoden_01.jpg

theoden_02.jpg

theoden_03.jpg

theoden_04.jpg

theo_02.jpg

theo_01.jpg

theo_00.jpg

thanks for looking
bernd

Can tell you have some talent but I don't think it's better than the ones that came out nicely from Weta. The skin tone on this looks like he hasn't seen the sun in a while. The armor looks nice but I'm not sure it's accurate.

Can tell you have some talent but I don't think it's better than the ones that came out nicely from Weta. The skin tone on this looks like he hasn't seen the sun in a while. The armor looks nice but I'm not sure it's accurate.

In all fairness Josh your Theoden Statue is the best painted one from Weta I have ever seen and I still kick myself for selling it to you. :rotfl

Bob

For the lazier ones of us, can you post the original paint job and a screen capture one next to your new application picture?

LOve the repainted armor and outfit. The face looks great, though it does look a little pale. I think the hair and beard should be more golden blonde as well. But an overall fantastic job!! :rock.

LOve the repainted armor and outfit. The face looks great, though it does look a little pale. I think the hair and beard should be more golden blonde as well. But an overall fantastic job!! :rock.

Fix the skin tone and hair then it would really be awesome.

In all fairness Josh your Theoden Statue is the best painted one from Weta I have ever seen and I still kick myself for selling it to you. :rotfl

Bob

A nicely painted theoden statue? :confused: I didn't know one existed. Too bad SS didn't hold onto it and sell it in their auction. Would've been rarer than the 1 of 2 Iron Man :lol

I think because the pictures are dark the armour is looking darker than it actually is. Got to disagree with you on the ones that came out of Weta, most had such a awfull paint job. I thought mine were painted by a drunk monkey.
Evil_Monkey_Mellows_Out_by_Peacefroggie.gif

I thought mine were painted by a drunk monkey.

You mean they weren't? :horror I had 6 of these at one time and the paint app's on mine ranged from terrible, to brutal, to pathetic. I think this statue might have been the one to singlehandedly take SS down the road to QC hell :monkey2

I think because the pictures are dark the armour is looking darker than it actually is. Got to disagree with you on the ones that came out of Weta, most had such a awfull paint job. I thought mine were painted by a drunk monkey.

The armor might look darker in the pics than it is. It's nicely done either way. The skin though is way too pale and he looks dead fix that and a bit with the hair and you've got a great piece. Mine was awesome and had no problems though I know there where plenty that did.

I actually thought the face tone was too pale. Not too sure if it's because of the lighting. I find the repainting work was a good job done. Just didn't understand the paleness colour on the face.

Back