Sideshow Caricature Busts!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

lcummins

I found the following article about Sideshow on playthings.com:

Playthings Article

Pay particular attention to the second paragraph from the bottom! A possible line of caricature busts including John Wayne!! :rock

0504ontheroad1crop.jpg

If they are inspired by Krueger's work sign me up, would love to have one of Hitchcock

You know Azog, I hadn't thought of that when I read the article, but looking at that Wayne bust, you may very well be right; it does have a Krueger look to it! That would be a great line of busts! :clap

Now let's just hope it doesn't follow the pricing of the other Krueger items!! :google

THEY LOOK BRONZE'S THOUGH........V EXPENSIVE!!

Could be faux bronze which could keep the price more reasonable. Maybe this will be an attempt to let fans of Krueger's work collect even though they can't afford his more expensive offerings. I hope so anyway.

Wow, I LOVE these! I wonder if Kruger has ever done a piece of Spielberg, Kubrick, or Lucas? It would be really cool to have one at the entrance to my HT.

screamingmetal, I love the bust! Does Andy have a web site showcasing his sculpts? Man, here comes another line that will tempt me! HELP! :help

lcummins, his portfolio is on the index page of that website I posted, along with many other artists work.

Just click on Bergholtz, Andy here:
www.sculptorscorner.goregoregore.com/

Also, I don't want you to get the wrong idea, that has not been confirmed as one of the busts in Sideshow's upcoming line, it's something I think Andy sculpted for his portfolio.

Oh don't worry! I understood it was one of his early busts, but I still love it and hope that the line happens as an affordable one and that bust makes it in! :rock

Thanks for the link; somehow I missed it the first time! :google

You know that mightn't be such a bad idea, Ironman. Would anyone be interested in 1/6 figures that had caricature heads, in scale. Not like a little big head. Arnie, Stallone, John Wayne, Clint Eastwood?

You know that mightn't be such a bad idea, Ironman. Would anyone be interested in 1/6 figures that had caricature heads, in scale. Not like a little big head. Arnie, Stallone, John Wayne, Clint Eastwood?

NO, NO, NO!!!!! Don't say that!!! That'll be the suggestion they listen to and we'll finally get Giles but his head will be even bigger than Frank Black's. :lol

How about, if the interest is not so great, have a Sideshow line of caricatured 1/6th figures for the Comic Con, as the exclusive figure. To complete the line, you would have to get the Con figure each year. Being a caricature the occassional big head wouldn't look that out of place either. I said NOT like a little big head, in SCALE, in SCALE. :whip :lol

Back