Question about Pegs/Base

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ductapenguin

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Hey,

I'm fairly new to this hobby and have a bit of a question (wasn't sure where to post, sorry if this is the wrong place)

I've got a 1/4 in statue (Kitana from Mortal Kombat) and I'm having some issues getting her to sit flush in the base. The back peg on her right foot doesn't quite get to the bottom, and as a result there isn't much weight on the front 'cup' underneath her shoe.

I've attached a picture of the statue for reference, but it's a bit difficult to capture what I am talking about...

20190119_214135.jpg

It's been sitting undisturbed for several months without issue, but I'm paranoid that it might snap over time. It's really only a 1-2 cm's up from being flat in the base, and I'm hesitant to touch it for fear of breaking something.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Try to place her on the base again, but this time insert the front peg into the base first, then position the rear.

Thanks - so you are suggesting that I re-set her then? If it's unnecessary I'd prefer to just leave it, but if you think there is significant risk to her breaking then I'll try what you suggested

Make sure there isn't polystone debris in the hole, and if not measure to see if the hole is deep enough to accept the peg, otherwise drill it out a bit more.

Back