Predator Maquette question

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
N

Nolight Inc

is the flex pay option possible for us europeans?

i'm seriously concidering cancelling my vader and han solo for this one... the pricetag is killing me

sorry if this topic has been up, but i haven't been here for awhile and a quick look around didn't come up with any info

thanks

Can't help you on the flex pay question, but just uploaded my pic of it today, maybe it could help you decide :vik

Flexpay is available for all customers, no matter where you live. However, i don't believe shipping costs are included in the Flexpay payments.

Great Pic! :bow

I'm guessing about 1300$ all expenses included if I want this item to Denmark, but if I can use the flex pay maybe it's possible.

I do have concerns thou - 3rd and 4th qtr are expensive - kotd, lego and gimli on horse, aragorn on horse, vader, han solo, sauron, mumak and a few less expensive items is still on my list of orders to receive. LotR is my number one priority and I do have 2 helms I can cancel, but the others mentioned I do not want to cancel.

So it comes to this - cancelling morgul lord war helm and helm of mouth of sauron - that i can do, but if I should have the slighest chance of getting predator i will have to cancel vader and han.. thats two payments right there!... but i can't decide if i want 1 predator or 2 sw statues - i love the old sw from where these particular statues are from and i do love the first predator film, but i know i won't be able to buy all that lotr AND sw AND predator...

remember that VAT and shipping to Denmark adds atleast a 100$ extra to a 300$ statue... but that predator is mezmerizing... on the other hand, the sw statues could really grow to a nice collection over time... what to do, what to do?...:bang

I emailed customer service about this when the piece went up but I haven't heard anything from them and in the chat no one could answer me either. I'm worried that it says the item will ship from the US on the flex-pay order page, if this is true it is really going to hurt on shipping I think.... Anybody can comment on this?

I just got a answer from Mike A. about the Flex-pay Predator Maquette, and he told me it cannot ship from EU wharehouse, so the figure will ship from the US with an approximate shipping cost of $150....... plus taxes:thud

Still I'm sticking with Flex-pay as there's no way I can pay $1300 in one shot.

Regards

Weird thing is I just recieved an email for the shipping on the NORMAL Predator and it says it won't ship from the EU warehouse either, but it doesn't say this on the productpage.... Somebody from SS can clarify this?

that would be a shame - i'd rather raise the money and get it from eu.... are we as europeans sured refunds or replacement if it gets broken from the us?

anyways im not sure about this - us shippingfees are crazy!

damn:bang

Shipping isn't what worries me (I got a $139 quote, can live with that), what worries me is customs. At least when you buy from euro-warehouse you know you pay 17.5% and that's that. Customs here seem to just be able to charge you whatever the hell they like, and if you complain they charge you 50 bucks for looking at the complaint. And if it gets broken and you need to send it back, you'll get hit with customs again on the second piece......

Well I don't get it, still haven't gotten that mail lynxje did...
Fact is if these ship from US only I'm not buying. Customs will have a fieldtrip on it, opening the thing up and charging a small fortune to mess it up.

Lynxje - Doomhammer

in the words of C3PO: "that's our lot in life"

if US only, I'm gonna pass... I've cancelled all earlier US orders for the very reasons you guys mention and I'm not gonne go through customs hell again. At one point point those guys had me almost giving up collecting - luckily all my cancelled orders came in second chance or as wait list offers from sideshow eu, so I got lucky in the end... but no predator i guess :dunno

True, if this piece ships only from the US I'm afraid I'll just have to see what cinemaquette will cook up. Just afraind they won't include a removeable head....

Lynxie,

I have to admit that in Spain we are more lucky with mail. I do get charged a 16% (top VAT here) but I never had to pay for the moment (crossing fingers) import fees, plus for the moment they have never opened a package so see what's inside. If the people of customs see the declared value on the mail papers (inside the plastic bag) is over 50 euros they may open it to see the item described in the declaration is the same what is inside, but they have never opened the box if it's sealed.

Keep crossing my fingers untill next year 2nd quarter

Just got it confirmed, it's only shipping from the US...

WHY???

Surely someone from SS can post a reply in this thread as to this is only shipping from US. I mean everything else ships from EU warehouse.

If this is the case Im afraid I'll have to cancel my order :evil :bang .

I was charged £89 in custom fees for a $500 Witcking statue about 18 months ago. Im NOT paying nearly £200 ($400ish approx) in customs fees + shipping for a $999 statue.

Come on SS make it easy for us :D

WG :lvader

Even if I would spend the money on VAT and shipping, I would still have to worry about the danish customs - those guys could'nt care less about my items and they ALWAYS open the boxes and they break the QC stickers. The chance of something getting broken is way to high for me to take the risk - learned that the hard way... even if this is from SS, I'm not sure they will refund my money or give me a replacement, because some fool at the customs broke my statue... so I guess I'll keep Vader and Han instead.

Thanks for all input - helped me alot!:grouphug

edited for typos :)

Back