RIP Gentle Giant Blog Comments

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomandshell

Blue Flame of the West/Mod
Reaction score
Monday, July 16, 2007

Blog Comments Disabled

We are currently disabling all blog comments for an undefined period of time. This is due to comments posted by a few certain members of our collecting community towards other members that are in bad taste. We've warned twice in the past that if these types of comments continued to be posted we would remove all ability to post.

Gentle Giant Ltd.

It's as if millions of voices paid fifty bucks to post there, then cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

It's too bad they didn't just ban the folks that were cussing and threatening people. It was not a fun place at times, but still we paid for the opportunity to interact with the GG staff through that blog and instead of dealing with the minority that were abusing it, they take it away from everybody.

So bizarre given GG's great track record of outstanding customer service :rolleyes:

Doesn't surprise me really. The Blog though really didn't serve anything other than a ***** fest since GG hardly interacted with us.

Hey, Hostile Midget:

141323_Coward5.jpg

And good riddance. It was totally useless and a joke. No moderating, no real interaction with their personnel. Poor Amanda and Jewell were at the mercy of the bloggers with their company-spiel posts. Their very noticeble absence from any Q&Aing on it confirmed for me that THEY. DON'T. CARE.

They do care about our money, and whatever else may happen, their stuff will continue to sell out. As long as that happens, it seems that everything else is just details to them. For every person who gets fed up and walks away, there will plenty more to take their place. Bummer though it may be.

I recently sold off the bulk of my GG statues. I will keep the Star Wars animated maquettes and my complete set of Harry Potter busts, but the rest might eventually go if I keep getting soured on collecting their stuff. It's getting to be more trouble than it's worth.

Back